Chapter 14. Old School

I didn't feel good about having Topher here. Something was off about him. "Not another step." Alex said to Topher but this only made him chuckle.

"I got you people titled, huh? Don't worry, amigos. I'm not gonna hurt you." He said to us, we weren't his friends though. And we never would be.

"¿Quién eres tú? Do I know you?" Molly asked him, if they did know each other I don't think it would be going like this for a reunion.

"No, muñeca. Not yet. ¿Cómo te llamas?" He asked us, there was no way in hell I'd give him my name.

"Did you follow her home? 'Cause I'll kick your ass right now." Chase said before getting in his face.

"Not quite fast enough, lindo." Topher said to him, how did he know that?

"Let's ask some questions first." Alex said to us. I didn't want to ask any questions.

"Ah, the leader, Eh? I'd shake your hand, but doesn't look like we're there yet." Topher said to him, he was right.

"Who are you?" Alex asked him, a stranger. That's who he was.

"He's an undercover cop. He's gonna bust us and send us back to our parents who'll murder us, or he's just a cold-blooded killer and he's gonna murder us right here, or he's a blackmailer and he's gonna demand money, which we don't have- -we will end up murdered." Gert said, she was thinking to far ahead.

"Everyone take a deep breath, ok? If you saw a little girl pick up a car, you'd check it out, too. Muñeca is a hero, for real." Topher said to us, if I saw what he saw I wouldn't do anything.

"This guy on the street was messing with this lady, and I tried to talk him out of it...with my fists. I had to protect her." Molly said to us, now I was all down for helping people. But I'd at least do it from a distance.

"You don't think to mention this to anyone?" Gert asked Molly, even if she did the response would've been the same.

"I'm mentioning it now." Molly said to us, it was a bit too late.

"When I heard them talk about the girl with yellow eyes, I had to check it out. Did I think it would lead me to a...mansión arruinada?" Topher asked us, he wasn't staying. Not at all.

"He means 'ruined mansion.' It's so poetic." Molly said to us, please don't tell me she was falling for this guy.

"But now that I'm here, give me the name of your decorator, 'cause this place is dope as shit!" Topher said to us, I couldn't deal with him speaking anymore.

"Cone of silence!" Nico said to him before trapping him.

"Finally, I never thought we'd get him to shut up." I said to her with a smile.

"He can't hear us now. What do we do with him? Discuss." Nico said to us.

"Let's get rid of him." Chase said to us.

"I'm with Chase." Alex said to us.

"So am I." I said to them.

"Isn't he just like us? So what? We find safety, then just abandon everybody else?" Karolina said to us, but he wasn't like us at all.

"We are Brentwood people." Gert said to us, that had nothing to do with anything.

"That's wrong. Let him stay. The cops aren't even looking for us anymore." Molly said to us, but how could we trust him.

"Who knows if we can trust this kid?" Nico asked us, we couldn't.

"We know nothing about him." I said to them and I didn't want to learn about him either.