Chapter 10. Hostile

I focused my powers onto something that could do a lot more damage, the drill. I didn't move it yet but if I did move into, it would be ploughed through them. "Looks like all your kids have a little something extra." Mrs. Wilder said while looking at us in shock.

"Not Gert, all right? She's just a regular kid." Mr. Yorke said to her, but that ended when Gert's friend came to join us.

"Disobeyed me. Good call." Gert said with a smile, I would look but I was scared that the drill might shift.

"That could've only come from one place." Mrs. Minoru said before looking at the Yorkes.

"I've been meaning to bring you all up to speed on that." Mrs. Yorke said, I saw that Mr. Yorke had a gun.

"I got this." He said while pointing it at the dinosaur.

"No!" Gert shouted but it was too late.

"Fine, if that's how they wanna play, then let's bring it!" Chase said before using his weapon. I detached myself from the drill and decided to focus on a collection of rocks. Of course we couldn't do anything because Nico didn't have the staff. I decided to see if I could lift multiple things at once and I could. I collection of rocks floated up. I decided to keep them in the air until we got the staff back. Or until they were distracted. Karolina stood forward and started shooting whatever it was out of her hands, this was a good time to throw the rocks. I do so but it did nothing.

"Karolina." Mrs. Dean said.

"I can help her, so can you Y/n." Molly said before she ran off to the side, I followed her. She went over the barrels. She lifted one up and I did the same. Something happened and me and Molly fell to the ground.

"Molly, are you okay?" I asked her while turning my head.

"I think so. Are you okay?" She said to me.

"Yeah, I think I'm okay." I said while nodding, I looked over to our parents and saw someone I'd never seen before.

"Chase, run!" I heard Mrs. Stein call out. We're we in danger.

"Jonah, stop!" Mrs. Minoru said, he had a name. "Let's try to reason with them." She added, her staff was blown out of her hands. I stood up and I pulled Molly up as well.

"Tina!" Mr. Minoru said, making sure his wife was ok.

"Y/n, you need to get out of here!" Dad shouted at me, I couldn't. Not yet at least.

"I swear, Jonah, if you hurt my son- -!" Mr. Wilder said to him with anger.

"Geoffrey, please." Mrs. Wilder said trying to calm her husband.

"Jonah, this isn't necessary. Please." Mrs. Dean said to Jonah, I watched as his hand glowed like Karolina's. I watched as he knocked my friends down.

"No!" I shouted, I lifted up two barrels this time. We all walked alongside each other, I let go of the barrels and they felt either side of our parents. Jonah stood forwards once we stopped.

"You guys have to go. He came for me." Karolina said while nodding at us.

"What?" Alex asked her in disbelief.

"Are you crazy?" Chase asked her.

"I'm not leaving you behind." I said while looking at her.

"No, we're not leaving you." Nico said to us, I shook my head at Karolina.

"I'll hold him off and I'll meet you outside, okay? It's the only way." Karolina told us, so she was already going to hurt my best friend. I know that something happened between them and if they were dating now or whatever, Karolina was already breaking Nico's heart.