Chapter 27. Rite Of Thunder

I still couldn't believe that I never saw it coming. Why didn't I see that it was Alex this whole time and I'd just let him waltz off with Leslie. "I can't believe this." Molly said to us all, I couldn't believe what he'd done.

"But he helped us get you out of those tubes. Why would the alien do that?" Gert asked us all.

"To keep a cover." I said suggesting an idea.

"The Magistrate's son may have been dormant at that time." Xavin said to us, so what it was using Alex's energy.

"Dormant like hibernating?" Nico asked her.

"Inhabiting a new host is a challenge for the Gibborim. A stalwart host can resist the intrusion for a short time. If their will is strong." Xavin said to us, I mean Alex was stubborn.

"Wilder is stubborn as hell." Chase said to us all, he could say that again.

"Or he was just playing us this whole time. Think about it: the broken goggles, the fact that he could read the Abstract." Nico said to us, I looked at them all.

"I honestly feel so stupid for letting him trick me into staying in my room." I said to them all before walking away, I couldn't deal with this. I'd missed the red flags. I went over to the dining space and just sat there. I was thinking about all the mistakes I'd made. I saw Chase come in.

"This isn't your fault, you thought Alex was hurting so you gave him space like anyone would. It's okay, no one will blame you." He said to me while grabbing my hand.

"But it is my fault if I didn't go in to that stupid room this wouldn't have happened. Leslie would still be here but she's not." I said to him before he went back out there, this wouldn't make me feel any better. I went upstairs to get to my room. I made a fake barricade so that. No one would come in. I went to practice to become stronger I would take down Alex. I heard a knock on my door.

"Y/n, we're going out. Do you want to come or stay here with Chase and Gert?" I heard Nico ask me and I gave it a bit of a thought.

"I'll stay here, I don't think I'll be the best person to be with. When I'm the one who should've prevented this." I said to her and I heard her sigh.

"That's okay Y/n, but it's not your fault." She said to me. I know that Karolina was thinking it was my fault. Especially when I was the one who was here. Let's just face it I really wasn't planning on staying, I was going to leave. Once I'd heard the car go off. I snuck out of my room and went through the window that Molly used to go out of. I just needed a break from this whole place. And when I returned I saw Chase in our room.

"Where have you been?" He asked me as I looked at him before looking away.

"I was getting air, I couldn't be here anymore." I said to him and he shook his head,

"It's not safe out there. There's aliens around but take this. This is how we take down the aliens." He said before handing me a katana.

"We're killing them? Including Alex?" I asked him and he looked away before looking back at me, that was a yes. We'd be killing them.

"I shook my head, I can't kill Alex." I said to him, he was my friend as annoying as he was.

"Y/n, it's better to be him over anyone else. And I know how that sounds but it's true." He said to me, he was right. "But get to practice." He said to me before I started practicing with my katana. I he started with his Fistigons that had a blade in.

"Chase, if this is the last time I see you. I'll regret not doing this." I said before dropping the blade and walking over to him. I then kissed him. He took the fistigon off and deepened the kiss. He then picked me up and took me up to the mattress.