Chapter 22. Earth Angel

I still couldn't believe that Chase left us. For his parents. He'd betrayed us. I was just laying in our bed. I heard a knock on my door. "Y/n, house meeting, five minutes." Nico said to me. I couldn't do it. I then walked down to the dining area. "I'm concerned about Chase." Nico said to us.

"He made his choice. We all have to move on." Gert told us, how could I.

"He betrayed me." I said them as I was eating my takeout.

"Just like that? We're not cylons from Alex's Doctor Who show." Molly said to us, I felt like it though.

"I appreciate the effort, but..." Alex started before stopping.

"I-I'm just saying, I mean, what if he knows he screwed up, but now he's trapped?" Molly asked us, if he was. He'd regret it.

"Well, then, he'd reach out. But I'm assuming he won't 'cause I'm guessing he likes not having to dodge rats on the way to the kitchen." Alex said to us, I liked that rat.

"It's actually only one rat, and, ironically, I named him Chase." Gert said to us, we were all at a loss.

"But, Chase was the first to go, but probably won't be the last." Alex said to us, I wasn't next. I was staying.

"It won't be who's next." I said to them before eating more noodles.

"He didn't just leave. He went home. How can we be sure he doesn't tell his parents where the hostel is?" Nico said to us, before I trusted that he wouldn't.

"No. He may be asinine...dim witted, fatuous, witless..." Gert started, I could think of more words.

"We get that you're angry. What's your point?" Alex said to her.

"He's an idiot. He's not a traitor." She said to us.

"He's just a backstabbed." I said to her, I think everyone could tell how much I was hurting.

"Assuming he has a choice. They used the truth drug in him last time. Who knows what they'll do next." Nico said to us, I didn't really care after what was going to happen to him.

"My mom's in trouble. Vaughn just called and said Frank sent her to the Crater. It's a Gibb compound in the desert where they do religious trials and discipline." Karolina said to us, could we really trust her Mom though. After what she's put us though.

"Which sounds like brainwashing torture." Nico said to us, it sounded horrible. Like hell.

"Which is exactly why we need to go rescue her." Karolina said to us, we're we sure about this.

"Whoa, what? No way. We're trying to put our parents in jail, not break them out." Alex said to her, he had a point that was correct and valid.

"This is different." She said to us, different how? She was incarcerated.

"May be better. Given the current state of the federal penitentiary system, religious prison might actually be more humane." Gert said to us, it did sound better.

"It sounds better that way." I said to them.

"It's like justice with meditation and yoga sessions." Molly said to us, sounded like paradise.

"No, it's not like that. Vaughn sounded really scared. He said some people that go to the crater don't come back." Karolina said to us, I could see the logic with that.

"That sounds like the logical result of joining an alien-worshiping cult." Alex said to us, he went too far there, on,y a by a little though.

"Hey." Nico and I said to him.