Chapter 16. Bury Another

When Gert hadn't returned home tonight I brushed it off as nothing when it got the morning I decided to go out on the streets to try and get some money. Which I got successfully passing everyone I could. When I got home I went up to mine and Chase's room. "So, I have $203.50 from today." I said to Chase after counting it all up.

"Where'd you get that money from?" Chase asked me, I looked at him.

"That's not important but we have money." I said to him with a smile, he walked over to me.

"Don't tell me you stole it." He said to me, I looked away.

"How else am I supposed to get cash. People aren't going to hire me." I said to him before his phone started ringing. It was Gert. He had to go and pick her up from the hospital. I took this as another opportunity to go and get some more money, I was planning on saving all this money up so that we could all get a better clothes and maybe even better food. When Chase and Gert returned it was dark out. The reason I knew that was because I arrived home a few seconds earlier. I went back up to our room and started practicing with my powers. When Chase entered he seemed annoyed. "Is everything ok?" I asked him.

"No, I spoke to my Mom. But I wanted to tell you that we're having a family meeting, on Jonah." He said to me before we both left together, he went to go and get Alex. I was just hoping he was ok. Especially since he had spoke with Mrs. Stein. Once everyone was in the dining area that's when Chase told us the news. "My mom said he's gonna do another sacrifice, soon." Chase said to us, another innocent victim.

"We have to stop him?" Molly said to us.

"But how." I said to him.

"Did she say where?" Nico asked, was it the usual place or somewhere different.

"My parents' basement seems like L.A.'s hottest spot for all things Murder-y." Alex said to us, I mean it made since or maybe not especially since we know where they'd be.

"The way my mom was talking, I don't think PRIDE's on board with this one." Chase said to us, so this was just a surprise killing then.

"At least we know this is happening at all. See? Seemed good came out of me calling Janet." Gert said but it didn't, she still contacted one of our parents.

"Nice try." Nico said to her.

"Nothing can justify what happened." I said to her getting an agreeing look from Nico.

"I can't believe you would leave Old Lace and I behind." Molly said to us, I couldn't either.

"I thought I was doing what was best for you." Gert said that was definitely the wrong thing to say.

"If one more person says they're doing what's best for me, I'm gonna lose it." Molly said to us, I'm pretty sure she already had.

"Seem like you're already there, buddy." Alex said to her.

"I screwed up, ok. I didn't think I had another choice. And I didn't mean to hurt anyone- -especially you." Gert said to us all before looking at Chase.

"What? Did you guys, like fall out or something?" Molly asked them both while sitting down again.

"No." Gert said to us.

"I don't trust Gert anymore." Chase said while looking at her, I was secretly happy about that.

"Yeah, um, that's probably a good idea 'cause...we're stupid teenagers, and being me saying things and making you trust me is...super unhealthy. Excuse me." Gert said before leaving, I'm so glad that she was gone.

"The church." Karolina said to us.

"What about it?" I asked her confusedly.

"What?" Alex asked us.