Chapter 18. Past Life

I still couldn't get over what happened. From defeating Jonah to teaming up with our parents. I wonder what are parents were doing whilst we were happily eating. Except for Karolina who was still upset over the loss of Jonah. But Nico only acted on what she had to do. As it got later in the day I could hear Old Lace growling. I went to Chase and I's room. "How are you doing?" I asked Nico as I saw her last through, she entered my room.

"I don't even know. I just wish Karolina wasn't mad at me." She said to me I looked at her.

"You did what you had to. You saved us all, if Karolina doesn't see that then. I don't know what you can do but just give her some time." I said to her while walking over to her.

"I hope your right." She said to me, when Alex and Chase came home we started cooking.

"We should've gotten more urban-scavenging tips from Topher." Molly said to us, we could've had cupcakes every night.

"Yeah, he was a bit of a loose cannon, but the guy knew how to make a three-course meal out of a good dumpster dive." Gert said, when I turned around I saw Karolina.

"If nobody else is gonna say it, I will. What happened at the dig site was awful." She said to us, she lost her dad. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling.

"Yeah. We, uh, we get that." Chase said to her.

"Is there anything you need? Anything we can do?" Gert asked her, I dont think there was much.

"We could have another funeral. Maybe not a Wiccan one this time." Molly said while looking at Nico.

"Thanks, Molly. All I really need is just a day off." Karolina said to us.

"Off of..." Gert said to her.

"Off of everything. I don't care what mission-y crap goes on today. I'm out." She said to us, that was fine with us.

"Well, what's your plan?" Chase asked her.

"Maybe take the bus to the beach. Hike the canyon. I haven't decided yet." She said to us, that sounded relaxing. I could do with that.

"Maybe that's what we all need- -a day off. What? You were just telling me how it's getting all claustrophobic in here." Alex said while looking at Chase. Didn't realize he felt like that.

"Thanks for that, man." Chase said to him, I guess it was meant to be a secret.

"No, but you're right. We could all use a break, a day off. You know, just- -and then tomorrow we can decide what's next." Alex said to us, I liked the sound of that.

"Wilder, what are you gonna do with a day off?" Chase asked him, I saw Alex get a phone out.

"I'm gonna find out if I still have a girlfriend." He said while walking out. Chase and I were going on a date together,

"It's been a while since we were able to do something like this." He said as we walked down the street hand in hand.

"I missed doing this. Now it's all mission this and mission that." I said to him before he opened the door to my favorite café. "You remembered." I said to him as we went to the counter.

"How could I forget? This is where we went on our first date kind of." He said to me I never thought he'd remember. It had 5 years since that day.

"And that kind of first day was the best." I said to him with a smile. When we ordered we got what we usually did before all of this and sat at the window seat. Our date was cut short as we had to go to meet Alex somewhere. I was confused why we were in a neighborhood. We were meeting in the garage.