Chapter 28. Enter The Dreamland

Once we made it home, I still couldn't believe what had happened. I woke up to a tuba playing teddy bear picnic. "Guys, do you know where that's coming from?" I asked everyone as we all left the room.

"Guys, all of the Didion is gone from my shelves. What the fresh hell is this?" Gert asked us, there was some kind of party happening downstairs.

"Who are these people?" I asked while looking around.

"Okay, I don't know if this is some kind of dream or mass hallucination, but I really need a minute to process." Gert said to us, I needed to process this as well.

"I'm a little hazy as to how we got home last night." Nico said to us, I couldn't remember how that happened either.

"We drove, right? Not that I remember, but that makes sense." Karolina said to us, I must've been passed out.

"The Hostel looks so weird. And who are all these people?" Molly asked us before I saw Chase in the crowd.

"Guys, I've been reading about this. I think we're suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning." Chase said to us but then we wouldn't be living.

"That would makes us dead." Gert said to him.

"And I think we're all breathing." I said to Chase adding to what Gert said.

"And this is Purgatory?" Molly asked us, it could be.

"Maybe we're back in Jonah's Algorithm." Chase said, I had no idea what that felt like so I couldn't talk.

"Doesn't feel like that." Karolina said to us all.

"Feels like The Great Gatsby." Gert said to us now where was DiCaprio.

"Well, then maybe Leo's here! One way to find out." Molly said before looking around.

"This is like something from AHS. I'm going to investigate." I said before leaving the others to look around. I saw movie posters, and people dressed like they were from a long time ago. I saw the other disappear into a room. I followed behind.

"Oh. Great. Cool. Our house has been taken over by a creepy magician. Which- -oh, sorry. No, that was redundant. All magicians are creepy." Gert said to Chase and I. I looked at her.

"Just like clowns, they're creepier." I said to her before the magician saw us.

"Please! Come forward! The- -The- -The show is just beginning!" He said before holding something up. I was done with this.

"No, thanks, we're good." Nico said before starting to leave.

"Hey, it's the guy from the magic room. The original owner of the Hostel. This is his house." Chase said to us before he ran offstage and came in from another way.

"Delighted to see you! That horrid music just lured away the weak-willed pleasure-seekers. But not you! Bravo! Come! Join me." He said to us, I'd rather not.

"We're not really in the mood for magic." Nico said to him as he tried to offer her fake flowers.

"That is a shame, ma petite Japonaise. Because you are the perfect size for my box." He said to Nico, we had to leave.

"Is- -is that blood?" Chase asked, but it was never answered.

"And you...you would be the perfect fit for my knife-throwing- -" He said while grabbing Molly.

"Get off of me!" She shouted at him.

"What the- -?!" He said before I looked at Molly.

"Wait. Something doesn't feel right." She said to us, we're her powers gone.