Chapter 49

-Colby-

"Well, this might just be the last appointment," Dr. Jackson smiled at Brooke and I as she sat down. "How are you feeling, Brooklyn?"

Brooke was laying down on the exam chair, she managed a smile. "I'm exhausted. It's getting harder and harder to move around and do things I normally have an easy time doing."

Dr. Jackson nodded. "Carrying one baby is hard enough, carrying two is a different story all together. You aren't doing any heavy lifting right?" She and Brooke started going over the usual questions for these visits. But something different will be mentioned now that she's 36 weeks along. The babies could come at any time and the whole family is on stand by. Brooke's dad can still travel thankfully, so he, Stella, Sky, and Alex all have a bag ready for the baby so they can book a flight and get here in time. The same goes for my parents and Gage. They all have a bag ready to go when we say when. 

Sam and I finished recording all the videos we needed, the last one being the warehouse in Kansas, where it all started. We sat on the roof together for a time lapse and stayed over night, just listening to everything happening below us, and remembering all the fun times with the channel. We never got caught, we had to run a couple of times but we were careful and got out of those situations fairly quickly. Brooke and Kat are happy that we're done with recording those videos, but have been very supportive. We finished the videos long before Brooke got close to 30 weeks, and we've spent most of our time at home, just preparing for the babies.

Kat's baby shower was incredible, all of our friends and some of our family who could make it came. We're now ready for the girls to come into this world. Everything has been doubled, the nursery is set up and ready for the babies whenever they are. Brooke is definitely ready--she's sick of being pregnant.

Kat is progressing with her world tour, she thinks it's gonna happen some time next year, and will last around 4 months, meaning she and Sam will get married before that. He plans to go with her as well, now that the Sam and Colby channel is retiring all he needs to do is prepare videos for his channel--a lot he plans to record with me. Kat is really busy trying to get all the details worked out before next year, but is also ecstatic--she's been having a hard time keeping it a secret from her fans. 

Mikey is doing well too. He's been sober for around 3 months now, and seems to be a lot happier. Brooke goes by to visit every so often to spend time with him and let Bentley play with his dogs. Thankfully, Mikey still intends to be Brooke's manager, and after her leave for the babies, he plans to start working with her on getting music out, and planning other events. He says he already has a lot of plans and looks forward to putting them into motion, Brooke seems excited about them too. 

Brooke and I have made frequent trips to Washington to see her dad. The time ticking away has been hard, if the doctor's are correct then he only has a couple months left. He's getting weaker, and weaker every day. And each trip, it get's harder and harder to see him in his condition. Brooke and I have spent many nights holding each other and crying, cursing time as it ticks away, mocking us, reminding us of what's to come. Kent has stayed himself though, goofy, friendly, and talkative. He doesn't like talking about the situation, he just wants to carry on like nothing has changed. Most of his list has been finished, the only thing left...is seeing his granddaughters, even just for a short time. When he told us this my heart shattered, and Brooke started crying. He did too, and we all just sat there and shared a group hug. 

Sky has agreed to move to LA with us. It'll be nice having her around to help with the babies too. She wants to go to college for music and art. She also wants to take dance classes to further her goals. She wants to become a choreographer for musicians like Brooke. She also want to further her art and sell it--open her own studio maybe, and she thinks LA might be a good place to further her goals. She's hesitant to leave her childhood home, but agrees with Brooke that it might be best to sell it. It's what their dad would want. Sky wants to live with us, get a job, and save up for school for a couple years, and after the girls are older, she wants to move out and live on her own. We told her she can stay with us as long as she needs to, and she says she'll pay rent which we said wasn't necessary but she insisted. She says she wants to start taking more responsibility and learn to manage her money, so Brooke and I set up a plan so she'll pay her phone, rent, and car insurance with a discount as long as she lives with us. She agreed.