Chapter 12

-Brooke-

I exhaled deeply as the chair turned around and I opened my eyes. I almost didn't recognize my reflection--but that was me. My hair was put into a crisscross bun updo, the flowers around the edge. My stylist clipped into place the blue frangipani that I brought. I had so much hairspray in my hair I knew it was going to be a pain to get out later, but it would stay for the next however many hours. My make up was light, a little concealer, a light pink eye shadow with a touch of mascara, my lips had nothing more than a little bit of lip balm. I looked elegant, and beautiful.

I got my mani-pedi done when I first came in. My nails were a simple french tip, but kept short so I could still play my instruments. My toes were also a french, and the only reason I got the pedicure too is because I'll be walking barefoot along the beach. I had a pair of wedges ready for the reception though.

"Oh my gosh!" Kat squealed as the stylist backed away. I turned my head back and forth, the strays around my face going back and forth.

"Girl you look so gorgeous," Devyn clapped. "Seriously, this is amazing."

I looked at the stylist with a smile. "Thank you so much, it's perfect."

She nodded once. "Of course. My canvas was gorgeous to begin with." I blushed at the compliment. We paid before we left and Kat got us into her car to head to the beach. It's time to get ready. Cindy, Shea, and Mikey called and said everything is set up at the reception and ready to go. There was a bit of a set back with the flowers, but Mikey got it to work and everything is back on track. I was doing my best not to stress out.

I was up front with Kat while she drove. I left early this morning before Colby--we wouldn't be seeing each other until I walk down the aisle. It would be the first time he's seen me in the dress. I was beyond excited.

"You've been so quiet today," Tara mentioned behind me. "You alright?"

"Yeah," I said breathlessly. "Just...focused on not freaking out." I was twisting the engagement ring around my finger anxiously.

"I can see that's working for you," She snorted. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'm nervous," I admitted.

"That's understandable." Kat pat my knee gently. "You're gonna be okay. You put your overnight bag in the back right?"

"Yeah it's there."

"Then you have nothing to worry about. The dress is already at the beach waiting for you. Everything is going fine," She reassured me. "You're going to be fine."

I nodded. "Right. I'm fine."

--

We walked into the gazebo which had the curtains drawn for privacy. One curtain was set up inside for changing. The girls and I walked in where Lesa and Sky was waiting. They had everything set up and ready to go. The curtain parted behind me and I turned to see Beth and Sophie walking in.

"Hi Sophie!" I greeted enthusiastically, crouching to her height. "You ready to get into your dress?"

"Yeah!" She grinned at me.

"I'll get her her into the dress, do you want to tie it?" Beth asked me and I nodded. She smiled then hurried Sophie off to the side--stripping her clothes off. Tara was in the changing room currently and somehow kids get a free pass when it comes to changing publically. Beth got the dress over Sophie's head, then she skipped over to me and turned around for me to reach the bow. I crouched down and tied it as beautifully as I could--remembering how my mom taught me to tie bows. Once I finished I pat her arms gently.