Chapter 28

-Brooke-

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Lesa squealed. Colby grinned next to me and leaned in closer to the camera to speak.

"Thanks, mom," he chuckled. "I guess it's a good thing we kept the wedding gifts."

"Aw guys I'm so proud of you," Lesa looked like she was about to cry. "I wasn't sure if you two were ever going to try again."

I smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry for worrying you guys."

"Don't apologize," Layne scoffed. "After what you two went through we never would have held it against you."

"Thank you for being so patient."

"It's what we're here for darling," Lesa grinned. "Name ideas?"

I laughed awkwardly. "Not so far, we're still trying to agree on names."

"Hey, Cole is a good name," Colby scoffed next to me and I laughed.

"Fine, I'll just call him junior then."

Colby cringed. "Never mind."

His parents laughed at our exchange. I heard another voice from their mic and they looked up with a smile.

"Gage!" Colby laughed. Gage's face appeared in the camera and he smiled.

"There's my little brother! And my favorite sister-in-law!" 

"I'm your only sister-in-law Gage," I giggled.

"Which makes you the best." He winked. 

"We have news," Colby interrupted. 

"News? What kinda news?" He sat down next to his dad. I looked at Colby who smiled at me before turning back to the camera and putting a hand over my stomach.

"Brooke is pregnant."

Gage froze making Lesa and Layne laugh at him. He blinked a few times before it finally processed.

"Is it a prank?" he asked.

"Nope!" I grinned. "Just found out yesterday!"

"OH MY GOD!" He laughed and clapped his hands together. "Congratulations you too! And to me! I'm gonna be an uncle!" We all laughed.

"How's it going? I heard you got a new place," Colby asked his brother, after we all stopped laughing. 

He shrugged. "It's alright, hoping to make it out to LA one of these days."

"Really?" Colby asked hopefully. 

"Maybe," He chuckled. "I mean, one of us has to look after mom and dad." 

Lesa slapped her son's arm. "We are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves! If you wanna go to LA then go to LA!"

"I can help you pay for everything if you need me to," Colby offered. Which irked me a bit. I don't mind helping family, but...paying for everything is a bit...much. Would Colby really use our savings like that?

No, Gage is family. It would make perfect sense to do so. 

"Don't bother brother, if I'm going to go to LA I wanna do it myself."

"Brooke and I have more money than we know what to do with, we can help," Colby continued. I smiled gently.

"He's right, if you need help financially in order to move here don't be afraid to ask," I added. 

He waved his hand dismissively. "I'm okay. Seriously, don't even think of it."

Colby shrugged. "Whatever you say brother."