Chapter 16

-Brooke-

Hawaii is easily one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Next to Bali. I think Bali has Hawaii beat in all honesty. But Hawaii is gorgeous nonetheless. The people I've met here are super friendly as well. Hawaii is just a fun place to be all the time, and it's a wonderful place to be when you're going through grief of your own. It provides a sense of serenity, and peace. A state of mind that only seems achievable in a place like Hawaii. 

Colby and I strolled the streets of the little town. Lights hung along the different stores, as the sun began to set behind us. Our dinner was incredible--to no one's surprise--and now we're just taking time to sight see. His fingers with intertwined with mine and I kept lightly twisting at his wedding band on his finger--as if reminding myself that this was still real. We're married. 

Colby and I were given a lei for around our necks as we left the hotel. While we strolled around a man stopped me and put a hibiscus flower in my hair, it was a bright yellow that matched my dress. He made sure it was behind my left ear, representing the side my heart is on, meaning I'm taken. 

Very taken.

Colby and I of course got the perfect pictures for Instagram during sunset, to commemorate our honeymoon. The flower seemed like a beautiful touch as well. 

"Let's start working our way back," Colby sighed, pulling me into his side. "I wanna hit the beach before it get's too late."

"Sounds good," I grinned at him. We started walking back in the direction of our hotel, heading straight for the beach. I slipped my shoes off when we got to the sand, and carried them in my free hand--the other still holding Colby's hand. We got down the sand and closer to the water, the waves hitting the shore as the tide came in.

I released Colby's hand and stretched my arms high up over my head. I sighed deeply taking in the smell of the ocean and enjoying the sound of the waves hitting the sand. My feet sunk a little as the waves came up and covered our feet. I squealed.

"It's cold!"

Colby laughed. "Yeah, well, it is night time."

"Still cold," I hissed. The waves hit again but I was expecting it more this time. I didn't want to go any further into the water--I wasn't dressed for such a thing right now. And I wasn't about to skinny dip with a hotel directly behind me. 

Colby snaked an arm around my waist and held my close to him, looking over the ocean in front of us. He sighed softly and began to nod as a thought came to his head.

"Yeah," He mumbled. "This is where I want to be when I retire. Here in Hawaii."

"Kauai right?"

"Yes," he responded, turning to look at me. "This would be the perfect place to spend the rest of my days."

"Well we've got plenty of time before that," I smirked at him. He chuckled and leaned down, pressing his lips to mine softly. 

"Yes we do," He mumbled against my lips. "I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else."

"Well I hope not," I giggled, pulling back and lifting my hand. My ring twinkled softly under the light of the moon. "No take backs. You've got me for life."

"Not sure how I did it." He turned to me fully, his hands resting on my hips. "Seriously, what in the world did you see in me? I'm reckless, I put myself in danger more times than I care to admit, I've never acted my age, I'm immature, I don't think through situations. Seriously, love, what did you see?"

I laughed a bit. "I think the recklessness of your personality is what drew me in."

"Yeah?" His eyes twinkled and he leaned in close, his breath brushing my lips.