Chapter 4

"Hey Nat" Dee said when Nat opened the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nat asked in a serious tone.

"Well that's rude" Dee said.

"I'm saying that you guys had detention so I thought you will come much later than this" Nat said.

Detention!. We had detention!. And we forgot!.

"By the orange in Kim's eye I would say you forgot" Nat said.

"You know what we'll cross that bridge when we get there, right now you need to show me where Tim lives" I said.

I had to atleast get one thing right before being murdered by Mr R. Natalie was happy with what I said, I think it was the part where I mentioned Tim.

"You don't have to ask me twice, you won't believe it but he lives in my street in that big nice house" Nat said leading the way.

Tim really did live on Nat's street. And his house is easy to find. It's the only double storey in this street and probably one of ten in the whole township. It's really beautiful, white walls and big windows all over. I'm really not good at descriptions whether it's buildings or people, even animals you would ask me to describe a Zebra and I would fail. Dismally. What I see I can not put into words.

"Kim you knock" Nat said.

"Yes I'll knock, but you two need to go" I said.

"But we want to see what the inside looks like" Dee said with a failed attempt of doing puppy eyes.

"Ok" I said because I knew they wouldn't give up.

I knocked twice and Tim opened the door he wasn't wearing the same clothes as he was wearing earlier. He looked, well.... Still not good at descriptions.

"You came" he said surprised.

"Yeah I come" I said.

Tim stared me up and down still standing at the door way. I really didn't know what that meant and I didn't know if I liked it or not.

"This is awkward" Dee broke the silence.

Tim looked up and finally noticed Dee and Nat then he looked slightly embarrassed.

"Come in" he finally said.

"Don't mind my friends they will not leave until they see the inside" I said and they both glared at me and I just shrugged.

The inside was astonishing almost everything was white and the stair case was something between a curl and a turn, this doesn't make sense but you see my point. His parents must be rich. If heaven is like this then I ask for forgiveness to Jesus and his father for my sins.

"This is heaven"

I must have said that one out loud because Tim chuckled. Dee and Nat seemed to agree with me that this was indeed heaven, and we hadn't seen the rest of the house.
I quickly realized that we must have looked like fools. And Tim wasn't really the best of hosts.

"So can we start with the assignment" I said.

"Yeah" he nodded.

"Of course we can start" Dee said getting in further with Nat behind.

"Nope the two of you are leaving" I said pushing them both, "I'll come to Nat's house when I'm done".

They both agreed and Dee mumbled something about me being mean, I just ignored them as they went out. Now it was just me and Tim.

"So would like something, uh micasa sucasa , hope that came out right" he said nervously while tapping his right hand on his thigh.

"Mi casa su casa, I think you said it right considering we both not Spanish" I laughed and he smiled "to answer your question I don't need anything right know"

"Ok then you can sit" he sat and I did the same.

We both seemed like we both didn't know what to do next but it was not awkward. He looked so relaxed, he was not putting on a front that he is a tough guy and tough guys don't smile.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a joint (marijuana) and a lighter. He looked up at me and offered me some.

"I don't smoke" I said and he nodded.

"Good it's bad for you" he said.

"It's bad for you to" I said and he smirked but no reply.

"What's up with your eyes?" he asked after a few minutes.

"Born like this" I replied.

"Your hair?" he asked then lights up his joint and took a puff.

I didn't understand his question at first as to what he meant, then I realised that my hair is too long and it's not your usual black Afro hair, it is long and curly. I don't even have to put chemicals to make it that. You might think there was white, indian or something else ethnicity along the but as far as I know I'm pure black. Not some mythical being no just a poor measly human.

"Born like this" I replied again, he nodded and took two more puffs.

"And your beauty?" he asked.

"Is that your idea of a compliment" I laughed.

"Maybe" he smirked.

"You know what we have an assignment to do" I said moving from the subject at hand before I could blush.

We spent three hours working on the assignment and the progress we made was visible. We would joke around and laugh and I got to see another side of him. The one behind the mask, the real him. And I mentally apologised to him for calling him the devil.

"I think I have to go" I said peeking out side.

"Yeah I guess so" he said with a frown.

We both got out and went to Nat's to get Dee then we headed back to the other side of the township. The four of us (since Tim and Nat were still walking with us) were having a mindless chat and laughing while Tim kept exclaiming on how he couldn't believe that he had been in the same class as us and he didn't know us. We all stopped when we reached Tim's boundaries.

"Guess I'll see you tomorrow Kim" Tim said.

I nodded and waved goodbye. Him and Nat started walking back.

"Some one has eyes for you" Dee squealed and I rolled my eyes.

"No he doesn't"

****

A/N: That was chapter 4 I'm still building the pieces together, I would appreciate any input and advice.

If you are reading this it means you either like the story or you see potential ❤️.

Please bare with me till the end.

Thank you for reading 😍.

Stay safe people, I love you all😍❤️