Chapter 13

Kim's POV

I was going on a date, yeah. I was happy, my first date. What do people do on dates? Few days ago I got my first boyfriend now it was my first date, what next? This was moving to fast for me.

What if Tim gets bored on the date? Or something bad happens. What do you wear on a date? Is it clothes, maybe.

I'm freaking out.

"I'm here people, hold the applause" Dee said entering.

"About time I'm freaking out here, I only have an hour an hour did you hear me I said an hour"

"Hey calm down you will wear these" Dee said pulling out blue jeans, a black shirt and sneakers.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"Definitely not, you shouldn't over dress, this outfit fits in anywhere. If it's a picnic yes, the mall yes, but it won't fit in a fancy restaurant." Dee said not helping my nerves.

"See what if he takes me to a fancy restaurant then I'll be a fool in jeans"

"You think he will take you to a restaurant?" she said and I nodded "Tim is a gangster though"

"You know what give me those" I got up and snatched the clothes and wore them, while Dee was busy dancing around.

"Would you stop dancing" I snapped.

"Come on I'm happy that you are going out with the grumpiest most feared guy in school"

"Bye Dee and lock my house when you get out" I said

"Have fun, now fly you can do it you only have to believe" she said and I got out.

I was starting to question why I'm friends with her. It's because she's a loyal friend, loving and caring. She always got your back no matter what. A voice answered my question I have to admit it's true. Dee is silly and crazy sometimes clever but mostly crazy, did I mention crazy? But it's a good thing there's no dull moment when she's around.

Seventeen minutes later I had arrived at Tim's. I might have been speed walking.

"Angel you here" Tim said kissing me.

"Well hello to you too" I said smiling.

"Come on then we have a lot of things to do today" he said.

He went into a garage with a black BMW inside.

"Nice car"

"Well I'm glad you like because we are using it today"

"What?" I asked. I mean like can he drive?

"Yes, we'll be sitting in it moving from point A to point B" he said smirking.

"Haha funny, I meant can you drive?"

"What?"

"Yes, you know like sitting behind the steering wheel and like steering it from point A to point B" I said.

"Haha funny of course I can drive, I think"  he said. Hell no.

"Do you have a driver's license?"

"Uh no, so in other words we'll just avoid the police"

"I'm going to die on a car accident, I survived that shit before, can I atleast say goodbye to my loved ones?" I said half joking.

"Come on Kim, trust me" he said laughing and opening the door for me.

What a gentleman to bad we'll probably die.

I got in, he got in and we were off to God knows where. Surprisingly he was not a bad driver.

"So were are we going?" I asked. Please don't say fancy restaurant, don't say fancy restaurant.

"Well we are in South Africa"

"Really I didn't notice, I thought we were in China" I sarcastically remarked and he laughed.

"In Cape Town"

"So?" I fake gasped.

"So we are going to South Africa's most historic sites in Cape Town, Dun dun duuh" he said dramatically.

"OMG we are going to Robben island, we are going to Robben island right?" I screamed

"Yes and I've got to say I didn't expect this reaction" he said smiling.

An uneventful hour later in the car we finally arrived at a boat area.

"Don't get out" he said leaning over and kissing me on the cheek.

He got out and came to the passenger side and opened the door for me and I laughed.

"My angel" he said bowing down.

"Yes sir Tim"

"Shall we" he said taking my hand and together we walked like a prince and a princess straight out of Disney Land. Well that was until he had to go buy tickets for the boat rides.

I could see the island from afar, it looked so small. A place where history was made and a hero was held. It's amazing that a place that was meant to torture people is now a historical site.

"Beautiful" Tim said. When did he get here?

"Very beautiful" I agreed.

"Are we talking about the same thing?"

"Yes the island"

"Actually I was talking about you" he smiled. He's good.

"Let's go" he said.

We got on the boat just before it started moving and found seats at the corner and besides me was an old lady. It's as far as I can describe.

"There sure are a lot of white people here" Tim whispered, I really hadn't noticed that.

"They look guilty too" he said standing up.

"What are you doing?" I whispered

"Good Afternoon people" he shouted and gained enough attention.

"I just wanted to thank the white people on this boat for looking past the injustices of their ancestors and supporting the struggle of black people"

I shifted a little away from him. Are all the people in my life crazy?

"Nelson Mandela was a hero for all not only black people. Yes he fought for the freedom of black people in the very destination we are headed to. But that wasn't all he fought for, he fought for justice and equality. He had a vision he wanted to see all races living together in harmony. He would be proud seeing this, all races together for a good cause"

Woah.

"History is history and it's just that, we are headed to a bright future, thank you" he said sitting back down.

Well that's my boyfriend!!

I clapped and everyone else joined in and cheered.

****

A/N: To be continued....

Thank you for reading ❤️