Chapter 14

Kim's POV

The boat ride was interesting, I was seeing another side of him and I was loving it.

Stepping foot on the island, it felt like I was no longer walking on the ground but floating on a cloud, call me crazy but the place is beautiful (or maybe it was because I was sitting for a long time and my legs were weak). It was bigger up close, very big. The grass was greener the trees were taller the stones were bolder, am I making sense?

"This is crazy!" Tim exclaimed smacking himself on the forehead.

"What is?"

"You are falling in love with the island" he said sadly.

"Aw are you jealous of an island?" I said laughing so hard I ended up a snorting and coughing mess, which only made Tim to start laughing at me.

We started walking towards the entrance, but something caught my eye. It was a little shop selling Mandela based items. There were Mandela masks which I personally thought were creepy, and there were different coloured t-shirts with Mandela's face and words written Mandela long walk to freedom.

I wouldn't mind owning that t-shirt.

"It's ok angel you didn't have to ask I'll buy you one" Tim said pulling me towards the shop. I didn't even ask, we were already reading each other's minds *smile*.

"I didn't even ask"

"Your eyes did" he smirked and I smiled.

"Wait here" he ordered and I did just that. Already planning on how I'll show Dee my new shirt.

Tim came out finally carrying two plastic bags and handed me one.

"Thank you" I said smiling. I looked inside and there was an old wrinkly face and white hair. The Mandela mask. My genuine smile fell and a fake one rose from the ashes.

"You like it?" he said smiling. Oh boy. I didn't dare say a word in fear that my eyes would betray me instead I crossed my fingers and nodded.

We got in. The inside was... like a prison. We were greeted by our tour guide and he pretty much took us everywhere. I wasn't listening to any of things he was saying I was just busy taking in my surroundings. We finally reached the cell Mandela was held in. And some people were in tears.

~~~~

"I had an amazing time" I said smiling once we got down from the boat.

"Who said the date was over?" he asked and I smiled.

"Then were to next?"

"Food then the carnival"

"Sounds good I call dibs on paying for the food" I said.

"Nope I'm paying for everything" he said sternly.

"But you already paid for the boat ride and you bought the mask" I said internally shivering at the mask part.

"We'll see then" he said opening the door for me to a non fancy restaurant, thank God.

We found a table near the window with the most beautiful view, we both ordered burgers and fries with ciders. The food was immediately served.

"You know what I don't understand about girls like you" he said taking a big bite of his burger.

"What?"

"You always insist on paying, why would you pay when you have a boyfriend that can do that?"

"It's called being independent"