Chapter 2

Who the hell was knocking at my door, I checked the clock and it was 3am in the fucking morning. Another knock the person behind that door was either the police, a furious person or this person really wanted to piss and thought my shack is a toilet.

I stood up and walked towards the door and opened it. My eyes were clearly not ready for what they saw, I blinked once, twice and the figure in front of me did not vanish.

"Can I please get in I'm injured"

I was shocked was Tim standing in front of my door right now?

How did he know my house?

Why was he wounded?

So many questions were running through my mind and....... he collapsed in my arms, damn he is heavy. I dragged him in, literally panicking and locked the door because I didn't know what wounded him and it was probably still out there.

I told myself not to panic and look for my first aid kit, I found it and traced his wound. It was in his lower abdomen, he had a really deep cut but nothing severe. I cleaned the wound then put a bandage on it.

I took off my one and only black pyjamas since they were covered in blood. I then wore black shorts and an oversized black hoodie.

As I waited for him to wake up I remembered that he is a gangster, he was in a gang called the Vandals and he was the leader. This part of the township I lived in was enemy territory for him and maybe he got stabbed by the Palestines who are the opposing gang who own this territory.

I was in deep shit, if the Palestines find out I helped the enemy they will have my head, not that I cared about their gangster shit and all. I wasn't even a little bit scared of the Palestines nor the Vandals I just didn't want the trouble of having to deal with the rival gangs.

"Uh Kim" I turned and he was awake well it's about time I needed an explanation.

"I put a bandage on you, can I ask you what happened" I said jumping straight to business no time for chit-chat, he looked down and shrugged.

"I got stabbed and it turns out I knew where you live" he said it like he was stating the obvious.

Stalker alert.

"So you don't think I deserve a little more explanation after you scaring me at 3am" I exclaimed running my hands through my tangled hair.

"You do know that I'm a gangster" he said and I nodded knowing exactly the explanation coming my way but I wanted to hear it from him, straight from the crocodile's mouth or is it the horse's.

"We were in the usual gang fight we do when police came from the side of my territory so there was no way I could run back. Turns out the Palestines followed me into a corner and they stabbed, I think I was unconscious for hours" he said.

With that being said I nodded, I had more questions like how he knew where I live, but I held them back. Besides it was already morning and I needed to get ready for school.

"Ok I'll go take a bath I need to get ready for school" I said.

"Wait, is there a way I can get out of this place without getting spotted by the Palestine?"

"Yes, just wait for me and we can go" I replied.

I got in the toilet and took a quick bath.

Why was Tim there?

I had known him since primary school but he never took a second glance at me but now he was in my house, I didn't even know he knew where I lived I mean I didn't even know where he lived. My friends were going to freak out if they didn't faint on the spot.

I got out of the toilet already in my uniform and tried to comb my hair, exactly what I said tried and failed miserably.

"Come on let's go" I say trying to hide my annoyance. I have never been a morning person anyways. My hair always ruin my mood with it's lack of compliance and cooperation.

He stood up and headed for the door, he was too relaxed for someone who got stabbed a few hours ago. If it were me I would have been groaning and crying out in pain.

"Which way?" he asked.

"That way" I said pointing at the direction of the informal settlement where Dee lived. The informal settlement consists of hundreds of shacks situated in a clumsy manner in a deserted area. It's not the ideal place to live in, it was highly polluted probably still is. But what I love about the place is the humility. Neighbors help each other from a cup of sugar to donating a few zinc walls so that a family of four could have more than one room to reside in. I lived in the better part even though there were shacks for tenants.

We started walking in a rather awkward silence. I usually break the silence in moments like these but I was not sure if I could at that moment. I had been in the same class with him for almost three years now, and I knew that he didn't speak much. He didn't even do oral presentations.

It was only a five minute walk to Dee's house, Thank God. I knocked at her door which neither of us really do, but I figured it would be rude leaving Tim outside.

" Why the hell are you knocking Kim?" I didn't answer her question, she clearly hadn't noticed Tim yet.

"Anyways I was about to come to......." she finally noticed and I laughed at her considering she was looking at Tim like he was a ghost. I don't blame her I probably looked the same when I saw him.

" Tim this is Dee my friend you probably know her" he looked at me with a look that said no I don't, "or not" I frowned at my terrible attempt to introduce them.

"Come on let's go" not another word was spoken until we reached the other side of the township also known as Tim's territory.

"Thanks for the help" he said.

"No problem" I replied.

After that being said he nodded and walked away. It's not like I expected a hug or anything, a simple thank you was enough. Not that I would have said no if he did hug. Me and Dee walked the other direction towards the school.

"What was that?" Dee asked.

"Tim knocked at my door injured and I helped him, I still don't know how he knows where I live" I said muttering the last bit to myself.

"OMG do you think he was hurt in their gang fights?" she asks.

"I don't think so I know so" I said, "Do you think we are late?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"No, maybe" she replied.

* * * *

Author's note: this is probably of to a bad start but I'm getting there please be patient and keep reading.

I would like to thank everyone that has been reading.

And please if you have any suggestions on how the story should go don't please don't hesitate to comment.

Thank you again for reading.