Chapter 20

I staggered out of his house. Anger was all I could feel. Neymar called me something disrespectful and I didn't appreciate his behaviour towards me. God knows how he treated his fans. The street was so silent, the only sound present was of my footsteps and my gentle sobs.

"Areesh wait! Where are you going?" I knew that vigorous voice, it belonged to David. He was running behind me but I quickened my pace before he caught up with me.

"Go away, David." I yelled furiously.

David came panting beside me. "Are you crying?"

I moved my face and tried to avoid any eye contact with him. "I'm not." It was clearly visible that I was sobbing... I failed to hide my tears.

He grabbed my arm tightly, causing me to look at him. "Don't cry, love. Neymar is still immature. Lately, he's been drinking very often and it's because of the stress... But I don't care what he says, you are still like an angel to me, you have a heart of gold." His warm hands gently wiped my tears and he held my face.

My lips quivered and I looked down. He was so good at consoling people. I was lucky to have him. "David..." My arms wrapped around him tightly. I kept my head on his chest and his arm snaked around me.

"Let's go grab something to eat, okay?" He said as he rubbed my back.

I pulled back with a nod and he took out his phone. I knew he was gonna call a manager of a very fancy restaurant and tell him to reserve a table for us but I didn't want that...

"David, I know a place." I said.

He looked up at me. "I was going to book a table for us at the-"

"No, I don't really enjoy big fancy restaurants." I bit my lip and David grinned.

"Okay then, let's go." He held my hand and we walked down the silent street. The cold breeze was felt by me and I slightly shivered but David realised this and wrapped his arm around me before I could say anything. He pulled me closer, the warmth of his body was radiating which made me feel safe.

The bright moonlight shone on his face, revealing his innocent little eyes and his charming manly smile. His hair made slight movement with every step he took. His lips were naturally turned into a smile which indicated his happiness. My mind was at peace whenever I saw him like this.

He noticed my gaze and gave a soft chuckle. "What is it?"

"You are amazing, David." I kept my head on his shoulder.

"I wanted to ask you something..." He hesitated at first but then cleared his throat. "Who was your first love?"

I wanted to laugh at his question. No one ever impressed me before. In my school days, I used to fight with the boys like cats and dogs. Then later in college, I was stuck in quarrels with the male students.

"You are my first love." I confessed with a huge smirk.

David was startled, his head slightly tilted. "Do you mean...you never-"

"Yes, I never dated a guy before. I didn't even kiss anyone before. Neither did I have-"

"Okay I understand." He smiled nervously. "Well I'll be honest. Even I didn't have... I mean I'm still..." He couldn't explain it in words but I already knew what he meant and it surprised me.

"Are you serious?" I exclaimed. This was completely unbelievable... David was...a virgin.

"It's not right to touch a woman without her permission..." He looked away, the side of his cheek was bright red and this whole conversation was making me feel uncomfortable too. Even my cheeks were burning bright red.

"So how far is this place?" David changed the topic.

"It's by the beach." My reply was a short one but it couldn't hide my astonishment. David didn't really mind my reaction.

We just kept walking until he decided to talk about something else just to break the silence. It was a bit awkward but his presence was never too boring.

~

We laughed and talked just like a normal couple would. We were seated outside the café where everyone was but David looked worried.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't want people to recognise me..." He looked at the two blonde waitresses who stared at David with their jaws dropped. They were beautiful and they were tall. For some reason it hurt my chest. Was it jealousy?

"You are a heartthrob... Go talk to them." I tried not to sound harsh or rude but I couldn't help it.

David's eyebrows raised and he laughed. "You are jealous!"

"No I'm not!" The sigh escaped from my mouth but David squeezed my hand. He peered into my eyes when I tried to look away but I couldn't ignore his look. "We are in public."

"Do I care?" His face moved towards mine until a voice broke him.

"Excuse me, you are David Luiz right?" A waitress with a notebook came to us. She didn't even look at me, my presence wasn't even felt by her.

"Yes and I will sign that notebook of yours if you promise not to disturb us." David slightly winked at me.

"Oh no, I just came here to take your order." She had a luscious smile on her face. Her accent sounded fake which annoyed me.

"Look woman..." I stood up and pulled her away from David. "Mind backing off a little bit? He is my boyfriend. I own him."

David tried to hold back his laughter. He kept his hand on his mouth and his shoulders were shaking.

"Oh, I'm sorry but I didn't have any bad intention, I swear." Her fake accent disappeared and she was slightly frightened by me. I might've been a little too mean to her. She quickly took our order and rushed away.

As soon as she left, David roared with laughter. "You own me..."

"I couldn't control my tongue!" My arms folded as I sank down on my seat.

"I am yours..." He added, still giggling. "And you are mine."

The moonlight spilled onto his chest and shoulders and his faced shimmered in it once again. His eyes were the colour of coconut shells and they radiated the warmth of a tropical beach. They were irresistible.

"Let's go to Paris together. I have a flight to catch on the day after tomorrow. It's lonely without you and Paris makes me feel old but if you come with me..." He shot me a smile that seemed so genuinely sweet, it touched my shyness and the warmth rushed through me. How could I ever say no to that smile...

"David...I really want to...but I have my job." With a sigh, I looked down. I was dependant on others for too long but now I had to look after myself.

He tapped his fingers on the table, trying to think of something. Soon he shrugged his shoulders. "Ask the head to give you some days off. As simple as that."

"I will try." I gave him a nod.

Soon our food arrived and we finished it in no time. We were hungry as hell. David paid the bill and we decided to hangout alongside the shore. We sat on those beach chairs, talking about random things and before we even realised it, we both fell asleep, not aware of where we were or who would've found us.

-------------

A/N

So I have like 8k views already?!? OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME!!! I love each and everyone of you!!! Thank you so so so much! It feels like just yesterday when I started this fanfic! I wish I could send all of you some cupcakes :( Anyway, you guys kept me going! Sometimes I wouldn't have any idea on what to write and I'd be so close on giving up until someone would comment or message me to update the fanfic. All your comments, messages (and even your favs) encouraged me to continue this fanfic. All of you readers mean so much to me, I really appreciate your support. YOU GUYS ARE THE COOLEST, I SWEAR!!! :D

Once again, THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :*