Chapter 5

The day was a bit awkward but I managed to help my parents with setting up their house. David had given me a ticket for the match and he really looked forward on seeing me.

As I stepped into my house, my stomach had started aching. It hurt really badly. My legs became feeble but they had enough energy to walk towards the couch. I fell on the couch as I cried in pain. "Mom!" I moaned as I took out my phone and called her. She didn't pick up. I tried three more times but there was no answer.

The pain became worst and I couldn't even get up. My phone started ringing and without seeing the number, I picked up the phone.

"Hey, just wanted to remind you that-"

"David? Is it you? Please come over here!"

"What is it?" He replied.

"Just come to my house please!" Tears were rolling down my face. I was literally screaming.

"Don't cry! I'm coming!" He hung up and I continued to cry in pain.

I had no idea why it hurt so much. Maybe the food I ate was bad?

In a few minutes there was a doorbell and my mind went completely blank. With the support of wall, I slowly got up and made my way to the door. Opening it, my eyes found David in front of me. For some reason I wrapped my arms around him and cried loudly.

"Oh my god. Don't cry! It'll be alright." He rubbed my back slightly.

"You don't even know-"

"You didn't tell me." He replied.

"My stomach hurts, really bad! I can't even walk."

Without warning me, he picked me up in his arms and carried me to the living room. He let me down on a couch.

"Why does it hurt?" He asked as he gently caressed my cheek.

"I don't know. Maybe it's stomach cancer?" Thinking about it just made me more depressed.

He laughed and shook his head. "No, it's not possible. Maybe it's just a stress pain?" A charming smile formed on his face.

All the tears disappeared because of his smile. "Yeah."

"I'll be here. Just tell me if you need anything."

"But you have a match tomorrow. You need to go home and rest."

"Nah. Don't worry about it." He sat down on the floor and held my hand. He lightly stroked it and I kept staring at him. The silence between us was making me a bit uncomfortable so I decided to break it.

"David..." I slowly pulled away my hand "Can you make me a glass of lemon juice? It might just cure the pain."

"Tell me the ingredients."

"Squeeze a lemon in a glass, add some water in it. But don't add sugar or salt."

He stood up and quickly walked to the kitchen. He did make a lot of sound by dropping things. What could you expect from a boy working in a kitchen?

"Nothing broke!" He shouted.

"I bet!" I shouted back.

After a moment, he came back with a glass of lemon juice. He handed it to me and I quickly gulped it.

"Thank you, David."

He sat down on the floor again. "You should take some rest. Do you want to go to your room?"

"No I'm fine here." My eyes closed and I yawned. I had fallen asleep in a next few seconds.

~

The sunlight entered the room from the gap between the curtains and the lovely sound of the birds could be heard. A new day brought a new joy to them.

My cheek could feel something soft and fluffy. It might have been a pillow. But it was so light and silky. It gave me a pleasant feeling whenever my hands touched it. I stroked it with my fingers and soon I opened my eyes.

It wasn't a pillow. It was something I could never expect.

Brown curly hair.

David's head lied near mine. He kept sitting on the floor beside me the whole night!

"David, wake up!" I shook him and his eyes opened. His brown alluring eyes mesmerized me. Moreover, the distance between us was only of a few inches.

He wasn't fully in his senses. He kept staring at me and blinked for a few seconds. Then his eyes were wide open.

"I'm sorry!" He stood up. "I'm so sorry!"

"About what?"

"I fell asleep. I-- I didn't realize it. I'm so sorry."

"It's nothing to apologize for. You were here the whole night. I should be the one apologizing."

"Right. So, how's your stomach pain?" He rubbed his eyes.

"It's not all gone but it's a lot better now. I guess I only needed some rest."

"Ah, see, it was a stress pain!" He smiled.

"David, you need to rest, it's your match today."

He let out a chuckle and gave me a look which said he was ready. "I'm alright. A few glasses of water will give me the energy I need."

I got on my feet and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you so much David. You were there for me. Now I'll be there for you. I can't wait to see you play in that match."

He looked at me with a surprise. He became slightly red but he managed to hide the color on his face.

"It was nothing, really. I just want you to get better. So, I guess I'll see you at the match."

"Yep. You sure will." I smiled.

Waving his hand slightly he left the house.

For some reason my heart had started to beat faster... Was I excited? Or was it something else?