Chapter 26

Eddie and I dashed out of the park and we stopped when we arrived in a dark alley. He held me by my shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"I..." My tongue was lost for words. Seeing David after such a long time made me feel wounded. I was already hurt but this time I felt even more worse. "This can't- I mean I don't-"

I burst into tears and Eddie hugged me. "It's alright. Let's get you home."

~

We walked back to my house and I invited him for tea but he refused. He said he had to be somewhere. Eddie helped me calm down on the way and he didn't leave my side until I felt better.

I sat down on the couch, pressing my hand against my chest where it felt as though the knives were being driven into my heart.

David saw me and I saw him. It wasn't a dream, yet it felt so unreal. The doorbell rang and for a minute I knew it would be Eddie. Perhaps he had changed his mind and had decided to come for the tea. I made my way to the door and slowly opened it but it wasn't Eddie.

"Areesh..." Listening to his voice after so many months made my heart beat louder.

"David." I closed my eyes and looked down. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to show you something." He handed me an envelope which had a hospital's name on it.

I took it and opened it to take out the paper. It was a DNA test. I had to go through it and apparently I found out that Sara wasn't carrying David's child. It was someone else's.

My eyes widened and stared at David for a moment. He had a painful smile on his face. "Is your lover taking care of you?"

His question bewildered me. "What do you mean?"

David came a bit closer. "I saw you and Eddie, he was hugging you."

He thought that Eddie and I were together. I slightly shook my head at his misunderstanding. "Eddie's just a friend."

It was his turn to be surprised. He threw his arms around me and gently embraced me as I inhaled his familiar fragrance. I missed his warmth, his sweet smell, his curly hair, I missed the whole of him.

"I missed you...so much..." He kissed me repeatedly making it hard for me to breathe.

"I missed you too." I sobbed gently and tightened my arms around him. I didn't want to leave him. I wanted him to stay. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him inside the house then shut the door behind him.

David pinned me against the wall, I could feel his breath on my neck, after such a long time. His lips came in contact with my skin and he slowly kissed across my neck. But his phone started ringing. He was annoyed and he didn't pick it up.

"David, pick up your phone." At my response, his lips parted my skin.

"It's her. It's Sara. I don't want to talk to her. She was always after my money, that's why she lied to me." He slowly inched back, he was willing to tell me everything. "I just wanted to wait for the right time, so that she could get the results of her DNA test."

His phone stopped ringing and my gaze turned towards the window. The sun was starting to shine and the heavy clouds were vanishing. "But when you mentioned her name on the interviews, you seemed so happy."

"Don't you know, I'm a great pretender. I was never happy with her. I broke my engagement with her the minute I read the DNA tests." He sauntered towards the couch and flopped down on it. "I checked your parents' house and the neighbours said that they were gone."

I sat beside him. "It was a tough time. I would have been dead by now if Eddie wasn't there for me."

David stroked my hair gently. His warm gentle touch felt so good. "I'm so sorry..."

"I was the one who left. I should be sorry." My gaze was locked up with his as he slowly stood up with a smirk on his face.

"I love you. More than anything." David picked me up in his arms and carried me to my room. Slowly he laid me on my bed and he sat beside me.

His hand entwined with mine and we stared at each other. "You look weaker than before." He said as he wrapped me around his arms.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep. After such a long time, I could sleep peacefully without any worries and with him beside me.

~

Three days later, the truth about David and Sara was revealed and it spread like a wildfire around the country. David got many invitations for interviews on TV shows but he declined them. He knew what they'd be about. He spent more time in my house, trying to hide from the reporters and the interviewers.

The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it.

"Hiya." Eddie said cheerfully with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Eddie!" I smiled and gave him a friendly hug. "Come in."

He walked in and stared at me in awe. "You look so much better than before."

I chuckled. "It's because of-"

"Amor, who is it?" David came out of my room, rubbing his eyes. He just woke up from his sleep. He looked at Eddie and mumbled something in Portuguese, then returned to the room.

Eddie was bewildered and he didn't utter a single word until I apologised. "I'm sorry about him, David is very tired. He has a match tomorrow and he needs proper sleep."

"I didn't mind him at all." He smiled. "I just came to tell you that I got a job in England. So I have to leave tonight."

It was a bit sad to hear that. Eddie had been a good friend and he had helped me so much. "You'll be missed. Thank you, for being with me when I was alone"

"I did my part." His shoulders slightly shrugged. "I guess it's a goodbye." He brought his hand forward and I shook it.

"Good luck Eddie." I said before he withdrew his hand and left the house.

I made my way to my room where I saw David lying on the bed. I shook him violently. "Wake up! Are you going to sleep all day?"

"Give me some more time." He yawned and turned around.

I couldn't help but smile at his adorable behaviour. This was all I needed. He completed my life. I gave him a soft peck on his lips before lying down next to him.

________________

A/N

Hope you guys like the chapter! ^.^