Chapter 18

Mom said that if I kept myself occupied with work, I'd forget about David so I started going to the school regularly. Five days had been passed since the last time I saw David. Maybe Oscar really told him to stay away from me.

"Miss, look at this!" A student shouted as he did a freestyle move with the ball.

"Good job Andy!" I applauded his talented skills and everyone surrounded me.

"Miss! Could you teach us that move too?" Nathan smiled as he gave me the ball. I took it from him, just then a girl shouted.

"David Luiz!"

My heart skipped a beat and I looked up. "No." I gasped. All the children turned around and screamed when they saw him. He was wearing a grey hoodie and his face was bright. He opened his arms wide as the children ran to him. He hugged all of them. Some were crying with happiness and some were screaming with joy.

"What is this all about?" Mrs. Josephine came and I turned around to look at her.

"I don't know. He just came inside and everyone was-"

"Oh, that's David Luiz?" She pushed me aside. The corners of her mouth turned into a smile. "He's such a sweetheart."

David picked up one of the student and kissed his cheek. His smile was like a ray of sunshine and his heart was pure. It could be seen in front of me. He looked at me and his expression changed. We looked at each other for a few moments and it was painful to see him.

"Is everything alright?" Mrs. Josephine kept her hand on my shoulder, causing me to slightly jump in surprise.

I nodded before stepping back, I tried to leave the school ground and go inside school building.

"Areesh, wait!" David shouted but I hurried inside the school building. There was a door which led to the empty corridor so I took a turn. The corridor was dark and peaceful with no sound. No one would find me here. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. I promised I won't see David. He always made me feel different.

"You can't go away from me." The voice broke the silence and my eyes opened to find David making his way towards me. Before I could run, he grabbed my arm and pinned me against the wall.

He trailed a kiss down my neck, giving me a burning sensation on my cheeks. "We need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm just interfering in your life." I whispered, trying to push him back.

Our gazes were caught and locked. His face bent towards mine but I quickly turned my face. His lips brushed against my cheek instead of my mouth.

"No, David." I cried out and he drew back. "Not this time."

Those brown eyes were looking at me with confusion. David's hand cupped my face and that warm touch, it made my heart beat louder and louder.

"Estúpido... (Stupid)" His finger the brushed against my cheek. "Eu te amo tanto. (I love you so much.)" he grabbed my hand and kept it on his chest. I could feel his heart racing. It was pounding so hard, it felt like if it would come out any second.

I looked into his eyes and he nodded. "You make me feel like this, not Sara. I barely care about her anymo-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I surprised him with a kiss. A kiss I was hoping would bring us together. My uncontrollable hand went into his curly soft hair as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled back and looked into my eyes. "Now, can we live together?"

I let out a chuckle before shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know about that."

He closed his eyes and moved his head forward but the bell rang, bringing both of us to our senses. We were at school and before someday could find us, we pulled back and fixed ourselves.

"See me tonight at my place?" He smirked.

I nodded, still dazed about what happened between us. "Sure."

He placed a kiss on my cheek before leaving the corridor. Was this how it was going to be? Could I call him my boyfriend now? It felt good but at the same time, it felt as if I would regret this.

~

Mom welcomed me as I stepped in the front yard. She just came back from a walk. She saw the happiness on my face and without a hesitation, she asked "What happened?"

"Me and David have a date tonight!" I screamed in the most girliest manner. I had never heard myself speak like this since ages.

Mom was freaking out. She hugged me tightly and congratulated me. "See! He loves you!"

"He does." I let out a sigh of relief, throwing out all my worries and confusions. "But it doesn't feel right." I pulled back and looked at her.

"Because it's your first date. You're worried that you might mess it up. Don't worry, I'll give you advices." We went inside and she made me a nice warm cup of coffee. I always enjoyed my mom's company.

"First of all, you need a proper dress." Her eyes were sparkling and it looked as if she was more excited about it than I was.

"Dress? Can't I wear normal clothes?" Ever since I was a child, dresses never seemed normal to me. They made me feel so awkward and uncomfortable.

Mom shook her head. "You want to impress him." She took a sip of her coffee and then kept it on the table. "And another thing, try not to talk about strange things."

"You mean I should try not to creep him out?" At my question, she nodded. That sounded easy. All I had to do was speak about sensible things.

Mom stood up and gestured me to follow her. We made our way up to the attic where she opened an oak chest. It seemed really old but when she opened it, some new clothes came out of it. She took out a yellow dress which looked pretty decent. It didn't look too dressy or formal. "Go on, take it to your room!" She smiled.

-------

A/N

Hope you guys like the chapter :3