Chapter 2

I returned to my home and I found an envelope on the doormat. Impateintly, I tore it and found two tickets to a football match. On the back of the envelope was the name of the person who sent me the tickets. It was Eddie.

Eddie had been my best friend ever since I came to Brazil. He worked at the airport and had helped me settle in Rio De Janeiro. He was from Britian himself.

The ticket said that the match would be on Saturday which was tomorrow. Eddie had also written a short note saying "Will pick you up tomorrow in the evening."

This surely was interesting.

~

Next day at evening, I dressed myself and waited for Eddie who was about to come.

The bell rang and I opened the door. "Hello!" He stood there, dressed in his casual clothes.

"Hiya!" I gave him a friendly hug.

We walked towards the car and he opened the door for me. "In please" He gave me a cheeky smile.

"Thank you" I giggled as I sat inside the car.

"So how's the job?" He asked as he started to drive.

"Great. You won't believe it but yesterday, I met David Luiz and Neymar." I could feel myself getting excited again.

"No way." Eddie was a huge fan of football and he couldn't believe what he had heard. He always dreamed of meeting football stars.

Chuckling, I replied to him. "Yes way! They were amazing."

"Damn, I'm jealous. I know I'll meet them someday. Maybe today!"

The stadium was close and we arrived there really soon. We made our way to the seats and waited for the match to begin.

"Today's the friendly match between Argentina and Brazil. Let's have a bet, I support Argentina!" Eddie smirked.

"Not a good decision Eddie. Brazil will surely win!" I cheered loudly.

The players walked in to the ground and the first team was Argentina. They sang their national anthem and they looked lively, full of energy. The next was Brazil national team.

As Argentina finished their national anthem, Brazil came forward and chanted their anthem. The familiar faces were there which I had seen yesterday. Neymar was the captain so he was the first one in the line.

They looked even more energetic than Argentina. David Luiz was looking around in the crowd and it seemed like if he was trying to find someone. His gaze stopped at me and his eyes widened.

No way. He recognized me. He smiled at me and my head turned to see if he was smiling at someone else behind me. But when I looked at David once again, he slightly nodded his head with the smile still on his face. "Oh my Gosh." I whispered.

I smiled at him too.

"What is it?" Eddie asked.

"He remembers me!"

"Who?!"

"David Luiz!"

They finished the national anthem and took their places. Everyone was on their positions in just few minutes. Now the only thing missing was the whistle to let the game start.

"Go Brazil!" I shouted and in a few seconds, there was the sound of whistle.

The crowd cheered loudly which was deafening. Neymar had the ball in possession which he then passed to Willian. In my opinion, Willian was the fastest. He saved the ball from many Argentine players except for Messi. He stole the ball and sprinted towards his goal but Oscar tackled him and David quickly had the control of the ball. David made his way towards the net and kicked the ball with an amazing accuracy. It was a goal.