Chapter 30

Areesh's Point of View

Truth is bitter. That was what I learnt. When I became conscious, the doctor told me everything. My child had died because David chose to save me. The tears wouldn't stop falling down my eyes and my mind was completely frozen.

The doctor gently stroked my hair and asked. "Should I call David?"

"Yes." My eyes closed, allowing more tears to stream down my face.

She nodded and left the room. Within a few minutes, the door burst open and David stood there, his face was pale, eyes were strained and his lips were quivering. I could see him struggling, fighting back his tears.

"Areesh." He quietly whispered as he made his way towards my bed. "I'm a sinner."

I whimpered. "No you're not." I reached for his hand and I locked my fingers into his.

He did the same then took a seat beside me on the bed. "You hate me, right?"

"What kind of a question is that? How can I possibly hate you when I need your support the most?" Listening to my words he bowed down his head.

He was exhausted and I could easily tell that he had cried before coming into the room. "I love you, that is why I saved you. I can't do anything without you."

"David." I reached my arms for him and he hugged me.

He embraced me tightly, making all my worries melt away. But I could hear him sob lightly. His teardrops fell on my shirt, making a small wet patch on it.

I pulled back and wiped away his tears. "This will be hard but we have to be there for each other."

"We will forget about this." He caressed my cheek and wiped away my tears too with his thumb.

A sudden silence fell between us as we just stared at each other and stroked each other's cheeks. But I broke the silence.

"Did you tell anyone about this?"

David shook his head. "No. But I was weak and I couldn't help calling Neymar and Rafaella."

I had no objection with it and I was glad that no one else knew about it.

"I want to go home." I weeped out.

He shook his head. "You can barely sit up straight. You're injured and you need to recover before we go back home."

~

Day after day, I was reminded of only one thing, which was that I couldn't go home. The hospital felt just like a prison and I spent five days in it but David was on my side. He never let go and he didn't even sleep properly until one day I asked him to. He did go home but he called Rafaella to take care of me.

She was very talkative and friendly and I never got bored in her company. I asked her to visit me often.

"This place is making me sick." I grumbled but she just smiled at me.

She replied soothingly in sweet tone. "You have to wait. Soon you'll be at your home with David."

The door opened and the doctor slowly stepped inside the room with the same cheerful smile on her face. She greeted us before asking me how I feel.

"I just want to go home." I said impatiently.

She remained silent for a while, lost in her thoughts but then slightly nodded. "Alright. But I will have to prescribe you some medicines. And please don't stress yourself when you're at home."

"That means I should call David and tell him the good news." Rafaella took out her phone and dialled the number quickly.

While she talked to David, I smiled at the doctor. "Thank you."

She replied softly. "You're welcome. And good luck for your future."

~

David arrived as soon as he could and I dressed myself into proper clothes. Even if my stomach ached, I was able to walk.

In the car, we both were speechless and I knew the reason for it. The incident had struck us like a big destruction. Both of us felt not only guilty but also very depressed. We were shocked but we had to continue our lives.

"David," I broke the silence. "Do you think I'm afraid of you driving the car?"

He had a small smirk on his face. "Yes. After all I am a very terrible driver."

"No you're not. I trust you and you don't have to feel bad about anything." My words came out right from the bottom of my heart.

He forced chuckle and said something entirely different. "Do you want some ice cream?"

I didn't get the meaning of it but I accepted his offer. Thus he drove to the ice cream shop which we used to visit quite often.

_____________

A/N

Sorry for not updating! It's been a long time! My internet has been so sucky and I swear I could throw it out of the window! It finally started working better. Anyways, hope you guys like the chapter! ^.^