Chapter 10

The door opened and mom looked at David.

"Hey." She said in a sulky voice with watery eyes. She had dark shadows below her eyes and looked weak. Anyone who would see their mothers in this condition would feel heartbroken. I stood behind David so that she couldn't see me.

"Look who is here." David moved aside and moms jaw dropped upon seeing me.

"Hi mom" I smiled.

"Areesh!" She opened her arms and I reached for her. She hugged me tightly. "Oh my God. You are alright." Her voice was so sad that I couldn't help but cry along with her.

"Mom. It's okay." Gently, I rubbed her back. She pulled back and averted her gaze towards David.

"Thank you son."

"Oh. No problem. I think I should be going-"

"Come here!" Mom hugged David "You kept visiting my silly little daughter. I don't blame you for anything my son. Instead I want to thank you for bringing her back."

He looked at me and smiled as he hugged my mom.

"You were really worried about her, weren't you?" He asked. "To be honest, no one would like to lose a person like her. She made us all cry."

"You're right." Mom pulled back and David wiped off her tears.

"It is okay now." He gave a reassuring smile. "Let's go in."

We all walked in to the living room where Dad was reading his newspaper. He turned to look at us and he was surprised as well.

"Areesh?" He said in disbelief as he dropped the newspaper and stood up. "How? When did she-"

"Today." David answered his incomplete question.

Dads arm went around me as he closed his eyes. "You made us all so worried. Your mom wouldn't stop crying even if I told her you'd be alright."

"Hey, I'm back now. No need to be worried."

"You must be hungry!" Mom said "I'll get you something to eat." She hurried to the kitchen and I followed her.

"I need to tell you something." She looked at me once we were alone in the kitchen. Her eyes were gleaming with hope and anxiety, like if something was bothering her but she wasn't sure about it. Her hand took hold of mine and she let out a long sigh. "David has feelings for you."

I giggled slightly at her opinion. No chance for that to happen. He already knew who he loved. He was one of those people who could get anything they wanted and he knew that he wanted Sara, someone who I hadn't seen but she certainly was lucky to have a guy like him falling for her.

"Mom please. Not with that topic again." My hand tried to move but she tightened her grip.

"Don't you see what's he been doing? He has been visiting you everyday! No one except for me and your dad would do that. Not only that, he has been bringing you flowers. He would sit beside you, talking to you about different things, making sure you didn't feel miserable when you were unconscious." Her face beamed with excitement. "All I'm trying to say is life goes on and you have to move along with it."

"No, you don't understand. He likes someone." Finally my hands seemed to slip away from hers. "You have forgotten that he's a famous guy. Normal girls like me don't have a chance with him." I recalled Samantha's words into my mind.

"But do you like him?" She finally asked.

Did I like him? He surely was a great person. After a long time, I had met a person like him who cares about me. But he was only my friend.