Chapter 23

When we arrived in Paris, David was immediately called for training and I had to go to the hotel alone. But I met David's agent, Mr. Andrew and he accompanied me to the hotel. He said that taking care of David's family was also a part of his duty. I didn't see David for the rest of the day except for when he came back from the training at night. He was exhausted and immediately dozed off the minute his head touched the pillow.

He left early the next morning; we couldn't even have breakfast together. After my lonely breakfast, his agent took me to the Parc des Princes stadium where the match was being held. The match was PSG against Monaco.

PSG scored 4 goals and Monaco scored 2. I was happy to watch a good game of football and with David scoring a goal from a free-kick, it was even better. David's defending was at its best and there was no doubt in him becoming the man of the match.

"Luiz! Veux-tu m'épouser? (Luiz! Will you marry me?)" A fangirl from the crowd shouted in French and I immediately averted my gaze towards her.

I could speak and understand French so I decided to reply to her. "Attention à votre langue! (Mind your tongue!)"

She looked at me, confused, and tilted her head lightly. "Quoi? (What?)"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to find David's agent. He had a bitter look on his face- definitely a bad sign. He signalled for me to follow him, which I did with a small sigh.

He went towards the exit door and stopped when we arrived in front of a fancy car.

"Miss, you'll need to brush up your manners." He said before opening the door for me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Don't talk to the fans in that manner. It won't only ruin your reputation but also David's." He said sternly, and I didn't see a choice but to simply give a nod. I understood.

I sat in the car without another word and said nothing as he closed the door.

The driver took his seat in front and he greeted me in French before revving the engine.

"Why so sad young lady?" He said and I began wondering why that voice was so familiar.

I grasped his seat from behind and moved towards the front to see the driver. Upon seeing him, my eyebrows lifted up and my mouth fell open. It was him. The love of my life.

"David! Why are you dressed like this?" I laughed.

"What?" He pouted. "Can't I dress like drivers too sometimes?" He lightly touched his cap with one of his free hands.

I placed my head on his shoulder and smiled. "You were great during the match. I'm surprised with the amount of goals you've been scoring lately. It's too much for a defender."

"You're my motivation." He stopped the car in front of the red traffic signal and looked over at me. "When I think of you, I want to improve. I want to spend each second of my training for improving myself."

I lifted my head from his hard, perfect shoulder to stare at his big, brown eyes. They were wide, and I felt lost in them. It was an unsolvable maze and the more I looked at them, the more dazed I felt. "Just drive the car..."

He chuckled and turned his eyes to the road. The car entered a parking lot and it came to a stop after David parked it along with the other cars. We got out unanimously. He removed his blue cap and tossed it into the car then grasped my hand and entwined his fingers in mine.

We walked for a long time in the cold, foggy night of Paris. It was not long before the sun had set and the moon had appeared. David was excited, his nose was red and his skin was pale because of the weather but he was completely unaware of the fact that he might freeze.

When we arrived in front of the infamous Eiffel Tower, David stood and tried to catch his breath. But I was hypnotised by its beauty.The tall slender structure was magnificent. It was a graceful structure of iron latticework and I had never seen anything alike to this. It somewhat reminded me of the railway bridges like the ones in London.

David snaked his arm around my waist and then pointed up at the tower. "Let's go up there!"

My throat felt dry when I looked at it. Heights were my worst fear. I could never look down when I stood on something very high. Even on a roller coaster, I'd close my eyes just so that I could avoid looking down. "No! It's so scary!"

"Stop being a child, I'll be with you!" David dragged me with him.

We had to buy the tickets to use the elevators and the line was a bit shorter today according to David. But it was long. We waited for 2 whole hours until we received the tickets and hurriedly we got on the elevator.

It took us less than two minutes to reach the first floor and it was cold up here. I clung onto David with closed eyes as we walked and I dared not to open my eyes.

"It's fine, open your eyes..." He stopped walking when we came closer to the iron railing.

My eyes slowly opened and I gasped when I looked down. "No, I'll fall!"

"Hey, you're trembling! Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. Open your eyes and look at the view." He slowly stroked my arm with his warm large hand. My self-confidence increased and I opened my eyes slowly.

This time I didn't look down. I looked straight at the whole view and it was breathtakingly gorgeous. So this was Paris.

"Oh my God." My face lightened up and David planted a light kiss on my neck, which startled me. "Luiz, stop it, we're not at home..."

"Everyone's doing it, it's Paris!" I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"Well it's not necessary-"

The next thing I knew was, he had crashed his lips against mine and nearly knocked all the wind from my lungs. He was kissing me just like a pure French guy. I was unprepared for a kiss like this but I felt fireworks, tingles and desire in my whole body.

David pulled back and smirked. "Sorry if it was all of a sudden..."

"I hate you..." I said sarcastically and he chuckled softly. "Can we always stay like this?"

"Yes, certainly. We always will." He hugged me tightly. "Tomorrow, we can have dinner and then maybe go to an amusement park..."

David discussed about all the things we could do together in Paris but to be honest, all I wanted was him. His smile, the one thing about him that had no equivalent. And I loved being the reason for that beautiful, angelic smile. He was all I ever needed.

_______________
A/N

Thanks to bookloverforever101 who helped me edit this chapter! You're the best! Anyways, yes I know there hasn't been an update since a while but I'll try to write more chapters now! Thank you so much for the views and the votes! You guys are awesome <3