Chapter 22

For a moment I thought I couldn't breathe. Slowly, my hands slipped from David's cheeks and I stared at him. My heart felt as if it was burning. He buried his face into his hands once again, avoiding any eye contact with me.

My hands were trembling as I slowly opened my mouth to ask him something but his shoulders were shaking. I thought he was crying... But I was wrong. He let out a long laugh and my eyebrows arched in bewilderment.

He looked at me, chuckling softly and I heard someone laugh behind me. I turned to look back and it was Maria.

"David was planning something for you." She giggled.

David grasped my hand with a huge grin on his face. "You should've seen your face."

"You scared me to death!" I punched him lightly, trying to control my heartbeat.

"I'm so sorry, I was planning a surprise and I wanted to hide it from you so Maria helped me with setting up this." He pointed at the broken pieces of the glass. "I won't tell you that kind of a lie ever again, I swear." We both stood up and he entwined his hand with mine.

He led me behind the rooftop where an elegant table was arranged, there were two white napkins, two wineglasses and in the middle was a very dainty candlelight. There was a group of orchestra who were holding violins with a cheerful look on their faces.

He pulled out a chair for me and I sat on it. Then he flopped down on his chair. "I thought that we should have our last dinner in Brazil together."

"Last dinner?" I questioned with my hands in my lap.

His head slightly nodded. "Laurent Blanc, the manager of PSG wants me to stay in France for at least 3 months. He called me in the afternoon and wasn't very happy with me staying in Brazil for too long."

I started to feel heartbroken. When I thought about my life in Brazil without David, I felt lonely. Surely my parents were there for me but I didn't have Samantha anymore. And if David would be gone, my life would be more empty.

"Hey, don't look so down, amor (love)." His hand reached my cheek and he gently caressed it.

"I'm not sad. I know it's your job so I don't mind it." For a moment, I hid my feelings but David understood me so well.

"A month." His face beamed as he had something in his mind. "You can stay there for a month. Then I'll see what I can do."

As David finished his sentence, Maria came with a colourful basket in her hands. "Neymar sent this."

David took the basket and reached for the envelope attached to it. A smile was formed on his face as he showed it to me. On the envelope, it was was written 'For Areesh and David.' He opened it and took out a letter.

"What does it say?" I asked and he cleared his throat. The letter was in Portuguese but he translated it for me.

"Dear Areesh and David. I'm sorry for whatever I said yesterday. I wasn't in my senses as I was pretty much drunk. You guys are a cute couple and I would like to pat David on his back for impressing such a beautiful lady. As a gift of apology, I would like to give you this basket of chocolates, specially packed by me and my son, Davi Lucca. May God bless you both. From Neymar." David finished reading the letter and I was sort of touched by it.

"He's a charmer." David giggled.

The basket was decorated nicely and the fact that Neymar had done it by himself was a bit surprising. I thought that the football players didn't have time for these things.

We had our dinner and we enjoyed the beautiful melodies played by the orchestra on their violins. I never would have imagined to spend a night like this and what made it more perfect was David. Him being here with me and giving all those sweet talks. It felt as if I needed nothing more than this.

After eating he took me to his room where we chatted for a very long time. We couched down side by side on the bed, my head was kept on his chest and his arm was wrapped around me. He gently stroked my hair and hummed a soft, gentle tune which I heard him whistle the day before.

"David..." I yawned. "Will we have fun in Paris?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"It's going to be an amazing trip. No one will bother us..." That was the only thing I heard David say as I slowly drifted away into sleep in his arms.

~

I woke up to the sound of thunder. It was raining heavily outside and David wasn't beside me so I jumped out of bed and rushed out of the room.

"Miss Areesh, what's wrong?" Maria was carrying a tray with tea on it.

"Where's David?" I gasped.

She smiled at me. "You don't have to worry, he's on the rooftop, playing football. I handed him an umbrella."

She carried the tea inside the room and kept it on the end table but I ignored her and made my way to the rooftop.

There I saw him. In the middle of the rooftop, he was standing there, letting himself drench in the rain.

"David, you'll get sick!" I shouted as I ran and hugged him from his back.

He turned around and smiled brightly. "This is fun." He held my hand and twirled me around. Then he picked me up in his arms and started to spin round. We were slowly dancing in the rain.

"David" I laughed "Put me down."

He just smiled mischievously, ignoring my request and slowly kissed me. I felt his lips on mine. Once again it was an unexpected kiss. I grabbed his shirt tightly and he pulled back.

"It feels as if you've cast a spell on me..." He peered into my eyes.

"What are we even doing?" I giggled.

David let me down and smirked. "We still have four hours till we go to France."

"My parents will be happy to see you before we leave." I smiled.

"Then we can spend some time with them. Come on, let's have some breakfast and then we can go to them." He walked towards the door and I slowly followed him.

________________

Finally got some time to write! I hope you guys like this chapter! (Even though I didn't put enough effort) :3