Chapter 9

David's Point of View

"Mr. Luiz, may I ask something?" Fran looked at me with a huge grin.

This hospital had become familiar to me as I kept visiting it everyday to check on Areesh. It was the seventh day I had come to check on her and I had memorized the names of almost all the staff members.

"What is it Fran?"

"Why do you keep bringing flowers everyday even though you know she's not going to wake up any sooner?" He stared at the bouquet of red roses in my hands.

Flowers. They signify love and care. They also show sympathy and goodwill. Each day, I had brought different flowers for Areesh so that when she wakes up, she doesn't feel as if she's in a hospital.

"Are you trying to turn the hospital into a garden?" He giggled.

"No. I just want to make her room more pleasant for her. Flowers are really important."

He nodded and I continued walking to her room. Her face looked better now. The purple colour had started to fade away from it and the bruises weren't really visible now.

"Good morning!" My voice didn't sound too dull or sulky like it had been before. "Today I got you red roses!" I kept the bouquet along with the other flowers and sat beside her bed.

"Tomorrow I have to go. Remember I told you that I had to play for PSG in ligue 1? Well it's time now. But I will keep sending the flowers! I might return in about 3 or 4 days so I want you to recover quickly!" My hands gently stroked her hair. "I hope you are listening to me." This was what I said everyday after a long chat with her. But today it wasn't such a long talk.

"So I have to go now. Gotta pack my clothes!" I stood up and hurried to the door. "Bye Areesh." I turned around to look at her before leaving the room.

~

"Fran, do me a favour," I stopped by at the counter to speak to him. "I have to go to France tomorrow for a match so could you buy as many flowers as possible for Areesh, until I return?"

He sighed "Sure! But these flowers don't last long, I hope you know that."

"Whatever, just get the flowers everyday and put them in her room. I'll pay you."

"Mate, you don't have to pay for this. Just go and win the match, will ya?" He patted on my shoulder.

"Thanks Fran."

~

Areesh's Point of View

I heard him. But I didn't want him to go like this. My body wouldn't move and my eyes wouldn't even open. Worse than that, I couldn't even talk.

'Wait...' I tried to speak but my voice was locked up inside. 'David...'

My eyes slowly opened and the blurry vision caused me a lot of headache. My mind wouldn't think properly.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. The vision was clear now.

"You." A young doctor standing at the door looked at me with a surprise "You are awake! Oh my God! David Luiz!" He rushed out of the room.

I noticed the flowers kept on the long table in front of the bed. Daisies, orchids, violets, tulips, lilacs, lavenders and finally the red beautiful roses. The smell was pleasant and it made me feel better.

There was a cannula attached on my hand and I wondered why had they injected me.

I sat up straight and looked around blankly. I recalled everything.

Yes... The accident.

So David was safe. As I sighed in relief, the door burst open and in came David.

"Areesh!" He threw his arms around me. "Graças a Deus! Eu estava com tanto medo de perder você! (Thanks God! I was so afraid to lose you!)"

His voice was so cheerful. He planted kisses around my face as if he had seen me after good long years. He had forgotten where he was. Anyone could tell that he was the happiest person in the whole hospital.

"Are you alright, meu anjo? (My angel)" He held my face between both of his hands.

"Yeah. I'm okay. How about you?" My cheeks felt warm.

"Me? I could have never felt so happy in my entire life." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I am so sorry."

He hugged me again while the young doctor stared at us with a huge grin. He was a short guy with olive green eyes and brunette hair.

My stomach made a low rumbling sound and David pulled back.

"Hungry?" He patted my head with his large hand. "Let's order a pizza!"

He sat down on the chair beside the bed and took out his phone.

"I suppose I should call the surgeon later." The doctor left the room, leaving me and David alone.

I had no idea why I was welcomed like this. Receiving such affection from David made my cheeks go red and my heart beat loud.

"Why all these flowers?" I asked.

"Didn't you hear me when you were asleep?"

"Hear you? You mean the long dream in which you kept bringing me flowers and were being sorry again and again for not saving me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"It wasn't a dream. You were asleep for 6 days. You finally woke up today!" David looked up at me.

"You mean- I was...in a coma?"

He nodded as he ordered the pizza.

That couldn't be possible! Coma is a very dangerous state. It could cause death. But I didn't even feel any pain.

"Oh my God." I mumbled.

He kept his phone after ordering and took my hand.

"It is alright now! Everyone is happy and safe!" He kissed the back of my hand and held it tightly.

"Right. So. France, you're going there tomorrow?"

"Yeah. You will watch the match right?"

"Of course! How could I ever miss it?" I smiled.

"I have to call your mom and dad. Gotta tell them the good news-"

"No, let's go to them instead!"

David nodded with the biggest smile that I had never seen before. He was such a sweetheart.

----------

A/N

Done with another chapter!

Hope you guys like it! :)