Chapter 3

"I need a coffee." I sighed to myself as I walked on the street. It was quite a wonderful day, the sun was bright and the people were all smiling. But for me, it was a usual day. Everything was the same but what happened two days ago was still giving me chills.

I never knew Eddie would be a bad guy. He was a caring fellow and never disappointed me. People change so quickly.

"Hey! Areesh!" The voice brought me back to reality.

I turned my head and saw the guy who I was thinking about.

"Go away Eddie, I don't want to talk to you!" My footsteps quickened and my heart was beating because of fear.

"No, I won't go away, I want to apologize!" He caught up with me and peered into my face.

"But I don't want your apology! Just go away!" I moved my face away.

"Listen to me!" He grabbed my arm but my hand moved by its own and slapped him. He freed my arm and I rushed to get away from him.

"God please, make him go away." I made sure my words were loud enough for him to hear.

Finally, I arrived near the café, starting to feel safe.

"There's no point in running, I'd catch up with you." Eddie stepped in front and smirked.

"Go away!" I screamed.

"What do you want from her?" A fist hit his face and my head swiftly moved to see the person who attacked him.

"You again?!" My eyes widened. Once again, my guardian angel, David Luiz had arrived. Why did he always have to turn up when I was in trouble?

Eddie was as surprised as I was.

"David, mate listen, I'm a big fan." Eddie's voice was shaky.

"Leave her, or I'll call the cops." David simply replied as if he was stating the obvious and Eddie ran away like a scared little rat.

Meanwhile I tried to put my words correctly. "How do you even find me? Are you stalking me or is it a coincidence?"

"It's God. He wants me to save you so I save you." David chuckled.

He had a charming smile and dark eyes which showed his innocence. It was my third time seeing him in reality but the first time looking at him so closely.

"Is there something on my face?" He put his hand on his cheek.

"No. Why are you asking?" I rolled my eyes and averted my eyes to look at the people passing by.

"You were staring at me and smiling like that." David laughed nervously and I looked back at him again.

My head shook slightly. "Nah, you look fine. So, what are you doing here?"

He gazed at the café, indicating that he came to get something for himself. But he looked a bit worried.

"I want a coffee but there are too many people in there." He sighed.

The fact that he was a football star had almost escaped from my mind but now I came back to my senses. "I'll get you a coffee. Wait here." I hurried into the café and quickly ordered two espresso coffees. In a few minutes, the woman at the counter handed me the two cups of coffees and I paid her the money.

"Here you go!" I rushed to him. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Thanks. I'm just feeling a bit annoyed today." He took a sip from his coffee as he walked.

"Why is that?"

"The coach, I think he hates me. Always criticizing me. He always points out my mistakes and never appreciates me. Sometimes I want to give up."