Chapter 17

"What?" My head started to feel dizzy and my voice became shaky.

Oscar immediately noticed my reaction. There was a delicate arch on his eyebrows which made him look serious. "Is something wrong?"

"No." I stood up. "Everything is okay. I need to go-"

"Wait." He stood up and blocked my way. "You like David, don't you?"

"I don't like him!" I shook my head head in denial.

I didn't know the answer myself. My life had become so complicated ever since I met David. Not only was he the reason for my smile but also the reason for my misery.

Oscar laughed and told me to sit down. "I'll tell you everything about Sara and David."

He told me that Sara and David fell in love when they were in London. They both were serious about each other and even their parents wanted them to be together. But then Sara left David and he never really understood why. This made David a broken man.

"...He still loves her." I thought as I looked down, trying to hold back my tears. All his smiles were fake. He made me feel as if he was happy but from the inside, he was nothing but a heartbroken guy.

Oscar sighed heavily. "I knew I shouldn't have told you this."

I looked up at him and pulled on a smile, a fake one. "No, it's alright, you did the right thing."

I had to stay away from David and I shouldn't meddle in his personal life. Why should I interfere in his life? I'm nothing but a normal person. I don't want him to think of me as a nuisance.

"Oscar, do me a favour. Can you tell David that I said a goodbye to him? Tell him not to call me or find me." My voice barely came out and my eyes were trying so hard to hold back the tears.

Oscar's face had become cross like if he was regretting something. He slightly nodded his head before saying "You're the only one who can fix his heart."

~

His words echoed in my mind throughout the whole journey on the cab. He said that I could fix David's heart but I wouldn't even like to see him after what I learnt about him. Right now the only place which was safe for me was my parents house.

My mind was completely blank until the driver said "We are here."

I paid him the fare and got out of the car. My mom was watering the plants and when she looked at me, her face brightened. My heart was starting to feel better when I saw her and my head felt lighter.

"Mom!" I rushed towards her and hugged her so tightly that I could feel all my worries melting away.

She gently rubbed my back. "Where were you? You didn't even call us!"

She wasn't aware of anything that had happened in the past few days. "I'll tell you everything. First let's go inside."

~

"God. This happened in only two days?" She held my hand as her face turned pale. I told her everything in detail and recalling the whole incident made me shiver. "Poor Samantha. May her soul rest in peace."

"This is the only safe place where I can stay." I muttered.

"This is your house. We always told you to stay with us but you never listened to us." She smiled with sympathy.

"There's something more." I couldn't keep my feelings inside. They were just causing damage to me from inside.

"I think," My heart was beating really loudly and mom sort of heard it. She grinned kindly and caressed my cheek. "Mom... I..." My eyes closed as I took a long breath. "I love David."

There was a ticklish feeling inside my stomach and the goosebumps were formed on my skin. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't even open my eyes.

Mom chuckled. "I know that."

My eyes flew open and I was astonished.

"Did you two confess it to each other?" She asked.

I shook my head. The kiss...his warmth...his lips. I missed David and I finally realised it. I couldn't stay a second away from him. But he said we can't be together and the reason for that was Sara... "He loves someone else."

Mom simply gave me a nod and didn't question any further about it. She stood up and whispered. "Go upstairs and take a nap."

~

David's Point of View

"Oscar, why didn't you stop her?" I could feel myself shouting. Areesh had left me, she was the only person who made me feel better but Oscar ruined it all. Why did he tell her about Sara?

He shrugged his shoulders. "I want you to answer this question, David." His eyes were sparkling but he remained patient. "Do you still like Sara?"

"Yes I-" My head felt like if it would burst. I flopped down on the couch and let out a heavy sigh. "When Areesh is around, all I can think about is her. But when I'm alone, all the memories of Sara come into my mind and they make me weak. Then I ask myself what did I do that she left me? It feels so good and different when Areesh is around me."

Oscar immediately stood up with a huge grin on his face. "You're a lover boy." He laughed before rushing out of the living room.

His words bewildered me. A lover boy? Sure Oscar knew more about love than I did because he was already married. It always confused us all, why was he married at such a young age. He was only 23.

But was I really in love with Areesh? I took out my phone and tried calling her but her phone was down. "Damn..."

"I'm still here!" Oscar shouted from the other room.

-------------

A/N

I wrote this chapter in haste so it might not be that good but I hope you guys enjoy the it :3