Letting Go

Pairing: Ezio Auditore de Firenze
Warning: none?
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

There were a lot of boys in Constantinople. Too many in Ezio's opinion. Especially in the Brotherhood.

The number of times he's heard attempts at flirting with Y/n was countless nor was he having it.

"I don't see what the problem is, Padre," said Y/n. "Aunt Claudia always told me you've flirted with tons of girls when you were my age."

"That does not mean I want you to do the same actions as I did; Y/n."

"It's just harmless flirting, Papa!"

"Harmless or not, I do not accept it."

"He's so protective," Y/n whined to Yusef

"He's so protective," Y/n whined to Yusef. "It's harmless flirting, Yusef, and he doesn't allow it!" Yusef shrugged.

"Well, you are his only child. It makes sense for him to be protective."

"You're not helping my case, Yusef." Y/n grumbled.

"I can speak to him if you'd like."

"No!"

Y/n sat upright on her bed.

"If he finds out I've told you about this, he won't let me live."

"Yes, that is true, but if he is not spoken to then it is likely that his actions will continue on," Yusef explained. "Surely you've fallen for someone before, yes?"

Y/n sighed, plopping back down on the bed.

"....maybe."

"Care to-?"

"No."

"I promise you I won't-"

"No, Yusef."

"But I-"

"No."

"Very well."

"Ezio, don't you think you're taking this a bit too far?" Sofia asked

"Has Y/n been complaining to you about my actions?" Ezio sighed.

"No, but I can tell your actions are starting to not just annoy her, but frustrate her as well," said Sofia. "Ezio, she's not a child anymore. Surely she can make her own decisions based on her common sense."

"Common sense or not, there are men in the world who are going to use her."

"Were you not one of those boys yourself? I believe Y/n has mentioned it to me once or twice."

"Dannazione, Y/n." Ezio muttered.

Sofia placed a hand on Ezio's back.

"Step back and let her enjoy her youth," said Sofia. "It would be a shame to take it all away because you are unable to let her go."

Ezio watched Y/n interact with a Turkish novice from afar

Ezio watched Y/n interact with a Turkish novice from afar. The two have dressed in civilian clothes rather than their assassin robes to blend in with the crowd better.

"See, Mentor? It is not so bad, no?" Yusef said. "The worst thing that could happen right now is if he attempted to smooch her!" Ezio gave Yusef a cold look.

"Now, now, Mentor. Don't give me that look." Ezio shook his head, standing up from his position.

"Perhaps Sofia was right. It is time for me to let her go."

"Wha-?" Yusef watched as Ezio did a Leap of Faith. "I've been telling you that all day!"

Dannazoine, Y/n=Dammit, Y/n.