Gentle Caresses

Pairing: Shay Cormac
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                              "How do ya communicate with a kid that doesn't talk?" Hickey asked, legs dangling off an armchair in Haytham's office.

                                               The child hiding behind Shay peered over the said man's leg, e/c eyes blinking innocently at the men in front of her and her guardian.

                                                "We have our ways, Master Hickey," Shay replied, gently patting Y/n on the top of her head. "Isn't that right, Y/n." She beamed a smile at him and nodded.

                                                  "What? Nods and shaking her head?" Hickey snorts.

                                                    "It's more complicated than that, Thomas," Monro scolded, "I've seen it myself and I'm impressed. Eye contact if one is on the other side of the room or she traces letters whatever skin is exposed from a layer of clothing."

                                                    Realizing Y/n wanted to say something, Shay tugged his glove off and kneeled in front of Y/n. Y/n took Shay's hand and turned it palm up.

                                                    I-D-O-N-T-L-I-K-E-H-I-M.

                                                    "Master Hickey?" Y/n nodded and Shay chuckled, "Ah, yes. I understand why."

                                                      Shay tugged his glove back on and picked Y/n up, letting her rest on his hip.

                                                      "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen."

                                                        Shay walks through the streets of Boston(?), cradling Y/n close to him.

                                                        A-R-E-W-E-G-O-I-N-G-T-O-V-I-S-T-C-A-S-S-I-D-Y-A-N-D-B-A-R-R-Y-?

                                                        "Yes, we are," said Shay, "Unfortunately, I have another business trip to attend to and you have to stay behind," Y/n pouts, "I know, I know. I hate leaving you as much as you do, but Cassidy and Barry are good people, you know that."

                                                         "Welcome back, Shay," the old woman embraced Shay and the child. "Here to drop Y/n off, mhm?" Shay handed Cassidy Y/n over.

                                                          "Be good," Shay tilted Y/n's chin up. "And remember, I will come back for you."

                                                           Cassidy and Y/n waited by the doorframe, watching Shay leave. Cassidy shut the door and entered the house.

                                                            "Don't you worry about your daddy, Y/n," Cassidy said, "He always comes back, doesn't he?"

I'M NOT DEAD!