Maturity

Pairing: All assassins/Templars x genderless!mute!child!reader
Warning: none(?)
Note: so, this is kinda new for me. By new, I mean genderless. There may be some use of she/her by accident because of muscle memory and if there are, sorry! I'll fix that. Also, excuse any spelling or typo mistakes as autocorrect made most of them.
Requested by: @EvernightForest

"Sooo," said Jacob. "Whose going to explain this?"

A small child stood in front of the large crowd consisting of assassins and Templars alike. In their hand is a knife and judging by how they're are holding it, they know how to use it.

"We are not going to harm you," said Aveline, holding her hand out. "I promise you that, child."

The child took an uneasy step back, their gaze unwavering under everyone's eyes.

"Just take the damn knife from the kid already!" Hickey shouted from his seat.

Aveline shot a look at Hickey.

"Why is he even here?" Aveline groaned.

The child cracked a smile.

"They smiled!" Ezio cheered.

All eyes went back to the child and the smile was gone in a flash.

"Liar." Malik muttered.

Ezio sputtered, his cheeks flushing. The child cracked another smile and Ezio caught the smile.

The child unslung their satchel and dig through it until they found what they were looking for. A journal and a pen.

The child flipped to a random, blank page and scribbled something down.

While the other assassins and Templars were arguing what to do with the child. Ezio, however, is paying attention to the child.

The child beckoned Ezio over and Ezio peered over the child's shoulders.

My name is Y/n. What is yours?

Ezio beamed at the child.

"My name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze," said Ezio. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Y/n."

All the chatter stopped after Hickey was kicked out to the hallway. Ezio then explained to the group what Y/n had written.

"Thank God Shaun knows sign language, right, Shaun?" Rebecca clasped the historian's shoulder.

"Um. Not particularly." Shaun muttered.

Y/n's shoulders shook, hand going over their mouth.

"Cute," Elise bopped Y/n's nose.

Elise noticed the red cape hanging over Y/n's shoulders.

"Interesting taste in style," she commented.

Y/n shrugged as their answer, tucking the journal and pen back in their satchel and picked it up.

"Where are your parents?" Aveline asked.

Y/n shrugged again.

"Well," said Arno. "I guess they're staying with us then."

Y/n wandered the large house until they stumbled across a library. Y/n climbed onto a couch and opened her journal again to start doodling in the journal.

"Hey, kiddo," said Edward, flopping down on the couch next to Y/n.

Y/n waved at Edward then resumed doodling. Edward peered over Y/n's shoulders and saw the Jackdaw.

"How'd you draw this when you've never even seen the Jackdaw?" Y/n shrugged again and Edward had a feeling Y/n won't say a word (or write a word).

Edward stood up from the couch making Y/n look up.

"Come on, kid. Let me take you on the Jackdaw then." Y/n frowned at Edward and got up from the couch, leaving their satchel and journal behind.

"Absolutely not," Aveline and Elise stood in front of the plank to the Jackdaw, their eyes narrowed down at the blond Captain.

"Oh come on! It's just a quick spin around!" Edward protested.

"And they're only seven!" Elise retorted.

Edward groaned.

"Fine!" He grumbled.

Y/n watched Edward walk away from the docks, muttering things to himself then back at the two French women.

"Go on, Y/n," said Aveline. "Back to the others."

Y/n pouted and trudged after Edward. Y/n entered the library again and saw Jacob going through their journal.

Y/n tackled Jacob, making him grunt and drop the journal. Y/n scooped up their journal and shoved it in their satchel, throwing it over their shoulder.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" Jacob said, trailing after Y/n.

Y/n huffed as their answer.

"You drew my office in 1858," said Jacob. "My office, Y/n. Mine."

Y/n pulled out the journal and pen then scribbled something in the journal.

I saw it in a dream. You, Evie, and Henry. Head bowed over a map and discussing over something.

"In a dream, huh?" Jacob repeated. "What about the Jackdaw then? Was that a dream too?"

Y/n nodded.

Every drawing in this journal, I've seen was part of a dream I saw.

Jacob sat down on the floor with Y/n sitting in his lap. Y/n had another piece of paper ripped out of the journal to jot down information and to answer questions Jacob asked about each drawing.

One by one, Templars and assassins joined Jacob and Y/n.

More stories to tell me?

Y/n looked up at the crowd of assassins and Templars.

"No violent or disturbing stories." Elise firmly said.