Touch

Pairing: Connor Kenway
Warning: none
Note: part 2 of Soundless.
Requested by: no one

I-s-s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g-b-o-t-h-e-r-i-n-g-y-o-u-C-o-n-n-o-r?

The tips of Connor's lips quirked, his tired eyes focusing on the child sitting in his lap. She looked up at him with innocent yet worried e/c eyes.

I-a-m-f-i-n-e-c-u-b.

Y/n shook her head, refusing to believe him.

L-i-a-r.

I-a-m-n-o-t

Y/n stuck her tongue out at him and he chuckled.

G-o-b-a-c-k-t-o-s-l-e-e-p

N-o

W-h-y?

B-e-c-a-u-s-e-I-s-a-i-d-s-o

Y/n pouted at him but did as she was told. She snuggled into Connor's torso, tucking her legs in, and sighed.

Connor rubbed small circles on her back as he did paperwork.

Just a few days ago, she said her first sentence to him ever since he brought her to the homestead and she hasn't said a word since then. Instead, she chose to trace letters on whatever skin she could reach.

Whether it is because she is insecure or nervous, Connor couldn't tell. Although, the first sentence sounded almost perfect instead of wonky as Doctor White had said it may appear to be.

Could it be that Y/n isn't deaf?

Connor stopped writing, looking down at the small child sleeping away in his lap.

No. It can't be possible. She can't by faking it, right? The first few days of her living in the homestead, he frequently forgot that she was deaf and would call her name. She wouldn't respond back to him until he went around and found her.

She must be deaf Connor concluded. There isn't any other answer besides that.

Connor finished the rest of the paperwork and carefully stood up, cradling Y/n in his arms. She quietly groaned from the movement and Connor quieted her down with a kiss to her forehead.

She smiled in her sleep, fist grasping the front of Connor's tunic, as he carried her to his bed. Connor lowered Y/n down on the bed and got in next to her. Instinctively, Y/n curled up by his side, nuzzling her face.

Connor's arm went around Y/n, pulling her on top of him. Y/n let out a sigh of contentment and that was enough for Connor to relax.

"Goodnight, cub."