{39} Long time coming

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE; LONG TIME COMING

❝ a kid? a little one?..

: 'and i'll, love the world like i should.' ~James young, I'll be good

"Come on! Come onnnn!" Scorpius pulled at both their hands, dragging them along to the Ice Cream Parlor. "Pleaseeee?" He pouted, trying desperately to win them over. Her and Draco chuckled, but gave in.

"What flavour do you want, Scorp?" He said- reaching into his pocket for his wallet.

"Strawberries!" He shouted excitedly, quickly getting shushed by his father.

"Okay, okay. Love? Anything for you?" He looked over at Leah, who was enjoying the scene that was unfolding.

"Me?-" She questioned, getting pulled from her daze. "Strawberry please."

Her vision blurred immensely for a few moments, and when she could see clearly again, she was at a different scene. Draco stood tall in front of her, his wand drawn. She too, had her wand drawn. But, why would their wands be drawn? This was undoubtedly after the war. It confused her. Scorpius stood behind her, slightly shaking in fear.

"Mummy?" He whispered wobbly.

"Go." Draco murmured, and she knew it was directed to her. "Take Scorp and go. I can handle this."

"Dra-"

"Go!" He urged, blocking a curse with a shielding charm.

[]

"Salazar." She mumbled, blinking a few times as she tried to lessen the immense headache she had. She looked around the table, meeting his gaze and nodding, a slight smile on her face. Draco let out a sigh of relief at the fact that she seemed alright.

"What did you see, Miss Nightingale?" She tensed up briefly, turning her head to meet the Dark Lord's gaze.

"Very possible future." She replied curtly, briefly. She did not want to tell No-Nose about her and Draco's future. Mostly because it seemed so happy. She didn't want it ruined.

"Would you like to share more?"

"I wouldn't, actually." She spoke before thinking, and winced when He responded.

"I'll rephrase my statement. Share more, or he will suffer." Her eyes shot up to meet Draco's and she sighed briefly before nodding.

"Apologies, My Lord." She spoke neutrally, blocking off her mind. He had no business seeing her and Draco's future. "I saw myself and Draco, what I presume to be around ten years, maybe more from now. We were walking, and there was a child-"

"A child?" He repeated, an evil smile slowly making its way onto his face. Well, if you could call it that.

"Yes. We were under attack of some sort. Draco told me to take the child, and leave." She smiled slightly.

"The undying need of a Malfoy to defend his family." He sighed. "Did you see anything that would be of use to our cause?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Meeting dismissed."

[]

"A kid?" He smiled gently, looking up from the book he was reading. "A little one?" She nodded, chuckling briefly as she smiled at him.