{31} Our decay

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE; OUR DECAY

i'd fancy being friends? if your 'slytherin prince' will allow it?

: 'never get free, lamb to the slaughter, what you gonna do when there's blood in the water?
the price of your greed is your son and your daughter, what you gonna do when there's blood in the water' ~grandson, blood//water

Draco Malfoy had finally spilled his secret.

No details excluded.

He had been brutally honest, and it felt so foreign that throughout the conversation he had to remind himself that it was okay this time.

Because he wasn't just telling anyone.

He was telling the person he never wanted to tell, and somehow she was taking it in better than he probably ever could've.

Instead of a judgemental, or pitiful look, she just gazed at him. Her gaze held nothing but love, and perhaps a slight tingle of worry.

She hadn't judged him like he thought she would.

But by the time he was close to finishing his story.

His sad, sorrowful sobs reached an ultimate high as they overtook his usually calm voice.

For once, the roles were reversed, and Leah was the one to pull him into her chest, and stroke over his back. Her gentle touch seemed a source of comfort for the broken boy, as he continued to sob.

Leah'd realised he'd been having a hard time, but never did she think it was this bad.

She didn't really want to think about the fact that Draco was a Death-Eater.

She thought it was just something he did to please his father.

Not that he was actually appointed a task.

A task as mentally scarring as this, at that.

He was clinging onto her small frame as if she would disappear the second he let go. Sobs still wracking his body as he let out soft, heavy hearted whimpers.

She was whispering sweet nothings at a desperate attempt to calm him down, but sweet nothings don't heal depression, or stop anxiety.

He was shivering when he sobbed.

He was frightened.

And not just for himself.

And she was the only one that truly knew just how frightened.

"I didn't want to, Leah! I don't want to do any of this!" He cried out brokenly, as his tears still fell, wetting the fabric of her shirt.

"Shh...I know, love. I know. It's okay. I promise." She whispered, and pressed a kiss into his hair, her hands still stroking over his back in the most comforting way.

"You're not going to leave me?" He questioned weakly, in surprise and looked up at her, his face was struck with sadness, and his eyes were redder than she'd ever seen them, the bags under them even more prominent than usual.

"Never willingly, Snowflake." She smiled gently, kissing his forehead. "Get some sleep, love." She whispered softly, carefully driving a hand though his hair.

[]

"Are you good Malfoy?" He questioned as he heard him enter the dorm.