{30} A soulmate who wasn't meant to be

CHAPTER THIRTY; A SOULMATE WHO WASN'T MEANT TO BE

the fire in me that once brought warmth, died a long time ago.

: 'i wanna be, somebody to someone. but it all is starting to blur like like a dream.' ~catie turner, prom queen

September of 1977, Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry,

"Andreah Moore, female proconsul of House Thunderbird." She spoke quite quickly, looking everywhere that wasn't the boy in front of her.

"Malfoy. Lucius-" She noticed him pause briefly, probably to make sure his words had more impact. "-Malfoy. And I must say, it is a pleasure to meet you." He smirked smugly as he held out his hand, which she rejected.

"Sure." She sighed, rolling her eyes. "Point me to your common room, will you?" He nodded, letting his hand fall, sticking it in his pocket as he walked towards the dungeons.

"What's a dazzling lady like you doing so far from home?" He questioned, enhancing his accent slightly, the smug smirk still gracing his features. She however, scoffed and shook her head again.

"Nice try, handsome. But I'm not as easy as the others. You're going to need to do a little bit more than strengthen your pathetic accent, and puff out your chest."

He scoffed briefly, but his smirk only grew as he stopped in front of the portrait that was also the entrance to the common room, stepping closer to her, whispering.

"Good. I like challenges."

[]

"Pass me the-" She giggled, turning around in his embrace and facing him. "Yes?"

"I'm failing..." He muttered, smirking slightly. "Will you tutor me, Anne?" She shook her head, trying to move away from his grasp.

"Stop calling me that. Just call me Andreah, Lucius." He smirked broadly.

"Will you tutor me, my dearest Anne?" He squeezed her hips briefly, granting him a high-pitched squeal and a slap against his chest.

"Bastard." She mumbled, blushing in embarrassment, her cheeks still had colour to them as she finally sat back at her table, and all eyes turned to her, or well, something behind her.

She turned around, and her gaze met with his again.

"What now Lucy?" She smirked. Payback.

"Oh I'm going to get you for that." He warned as he stepped closer, just about to touch her as a voice interrupted him.

"Mister Malfoy and Miss Moore." Slughorn spoke amusedly, a slight smirk on his face. "If you would be so kind to keep your extracurricular activities...extracurricular?"

The class quickly reacted as both teens felt their cheeks burn with embarrassment, and loud laughter filled the Potions Classroom.

[]

"What's up? Usually you love seeing me play.." She looked at him, slightly concerned at his change in demeanour.

"Slughorn told me this is the last game before you go back to the States. Before the end of the exchange programme." He sighed deeply, not meeting her gaze as he kept it fixated onto his shoes.

"Oh Lucius don't be daft. We still have a full month, okay?" She tried reassuring him, stepping a bit closer.

"It'll never be enough.." He mumbled as his face fell, and Andreah saw Narcissus Black eye the couple curiously.