Chapter 26: The Tumble

It’s been a week, an entire week that Scott and I haven’t even communicate since he told me he just wanted me for sex. Now here I am in my bed hoping Tanner forget our small little deal, but why should I? I mean he is the most sweet, generous person I know. He was still willing to take care of me knowing he wasn’t the father of the baby I was carrying. I looked over at the clock it was 5:00 in the morning, why am I awake at this time? I touched my stomach. "Are you hungry" I asked it. I sighed before getting out of bed and started walking around my dorm looking for something to do before I head in the shower and get dressed to go to school. I opened the refrigerator but nothing looked good, I drank some water but that wasn’t what I needed. I went to the living room and turned on the TV but I didn’t feel like watching any either. I threw the controller on the table and sat there angrily and confused. What the hell is wrong with me? Minus well just get in the shower now. I head to my room to grab my robe and headed to the bathroom. I turned the water on to warm then I started striping down and got in feeling the warm rush of water hit me from head to toe. I started running my hands through my hair making it get soaking wet before I took some of my coconut shampoo in my hand and put it on top of my head moving it around starting to smell the delicious aroma of the shampoo.

A quick memory of my mom passed through my mind: “whenever you feel down, confused, bored, or just for fun sing that little heart of yours! I’ve always loved your voice sweetie”

"But what should I sing mommy?" I asked out weirdly. "How about your favorite song?" I started thinking of the the lyrics of ‘Because You Loved Me’ by Céline Dion.

Once I remembered I began singing: "For all those times you stood by me. For all the truth that you made me see. For all the joy you brought to my life. For all the wrong that you made right. For ever dream you made come true. For all the love I found in you. I’ll be forever, thankful baby. You’re the one who held me up. Never let me fall; you’re the one who saw me through, through and all! You were my strength when I was weak, you where my voice when I couldn’t speak. Your were my eyes when I couldn’t see, you saw the best there was in me. Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach, you gave me faith ‘coz you believed! I am everything I am, because you loved me." I got stopped singing once I heard a noise coming from behind the bathroom door. I quickly turned off the water and wrapped my robe around me. I slightly opened my door and looked around from left to right and when I didn’t see anything I quietly ran to my room and locked it. I went to my dresser and grabbed my clothes, I quickly put them on and sat down on my bed. Maybe I’m going crazy. I stood up and opened my door saw the back of a man’s looking at the other room. I locked my door again and softly moved my dresser toward the door not making a single noise. Thank god Sasha and Daniel left last night; not because I didn't want them here, it's just because of their safety. I took my phone and called Tanner but no answer. I looked over at the clock it was 5:45, who would want to hurt me now? I dialed Tanner again but like last time no response. I waited in silence and once I saw my doorknob turn my heart started panicking. Whoever it was he starting banging on my door and so I covered my hands over my ears.

"Paisley!" I heard out and I removed my hands away from ears. "Paisley please open up!" His voice…why is he here?! I moved my dresser and opened slowly to see Scott.

"What the hell are you doing here!" I yelled at him since I was angry at him for scaring me.

"I needed to speak to you", he says kindly.

"So you just barge in my dorm without calling?!"

"I called you!" I looked over my phone and looked over my history to see I got a missed call from him.