Chapter 43: Two Weeks

"Where were you?" He asked me when I got down to the very last step.

"I was talking to Scott remember.''

"Took you a while," he said looking at me strangely.

"Yeah well we had a lot to discuss about", I tell him calmly.

"Well then," he says taking a deep breath. "While you were up there everyone left and asked me questions about the wedding."

"And? "

"And I told them we are getting married in two weeks."

"Two weeks! Are you insane! "

"Yes, I’m insane for you!" He said out. "I love you, and I don’t want to wait a single minute, hours, months to get married with you."

"Well I’m not ready to marry you so soon", I say walking away from him. He quickly tugged on my arm pulling me back to him.

"I will choose the day we wed!" He shouted. "It’s my choice! You made your choice marrying me so I make the choice of the wedding".

"Some husband you’re going to be", I say sadly.

"You’ll eventually get over it", he said before releasing my arm and letting me go free. I made my way towards the front door but he once again stopped me. "Where are you going?"

"Out".

"Where to? "

"I just need some fresh air", I say honestly.

He looked down at his watch then back at me. "Fine, but be home around six". I rolled my eyes as I got out of the house. This is too much! I-I won’t be able to handle him!

I started making my way home, my original home to find the same black car my mom use to have. Without thinking it through, I rushed to the front door and knocked away like my life depended on it. When the door opened my heart sunk.

"Can I help you?" A women with a smile asked. Same hair, same height, and same smile?!

"I-I’m sorry… this use to be my old house…I was wondering if I left anything behind."

"Would you like to come in?" I nodded my head. She opened the door up and in I went. She changed it all! She changed my house. I quickly turned to look at her fully to find out that she’s pregnant.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"How long have you lived here? "

"About six weeks", she answered quickly. I sent her a smile before going upstairs and into my room to find it turned into a nursery. "Oh there is nothing in this room", she told me.

"Boy or girl?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Girl", she said and my stomach dropped.

"Any names? "

"Why are you asking me these questions?" She asked roughly. I turned to her.

"You look so much like my mom". She stayed quiet before turning away and out of the room. I quickly followed behind her and watched as she entered my mom’s room.

"Here", she says taking out a box.

"What is it?" I asked as I took it from her.

"Some pictures, toys, and notebooks". I looked into her eyes. "I loved your name," she tells me. "Paisley".

"Thank you", I say trying to hold in a tear. I looked down at the box and completely lost it. Sadness over took me, I was a complete mess.

"Look I’m sorry but I need you to leave," she said out. I nodded my head and started making my way downstairs and towards the front door. "Wait!" She commanded making me turn to look at her. "I know how much this house means to you."