Acknowledgment

I just want to say a few words. 

I started writing this going back in January, and at first, it was just a little scribble. I was desperate to get another story on my page I haven't posted in years and I always believed you are only as good as your first story. Of course, I was juggling full-time work, home life, and just recently graduated college. I knew this probably would go no further than just a scribble. 

Then on March 17th, (ironically St. Patricks Day, the day of luck), my hours were cut and within 24 hours I was laid-off because of the Coronavirus Pandemic. My entire life was ripped from me. I felt like I had nothing, but then I realized I had everything. I began to write this story and jotting down my ideas in my old notebooks. 

I realized that I know there are so many less lucky then I (yes, that came from The Hunchback of Notre Dame), but it's true. I know many out there have become essential workers and reality will always be around them. I spent hours and hours writing, Ivar, Hvitserk, and Yrsa to life so everyone who came to read would have peace of mind. I wanted to create a world where good conquers evil, and love and life will always flourish. 

Even as we enter day 95 of this crisis, I continue to create new ideas for the upcoming weeks. For as long as I'm laid-off I would like to provide you all with some sort of comfort. My stories are completely free, I would never charge anyone to read if it gives them some sort of escape. 

I would like to first thank you to all of my fans for providing me with your feedback. I know in some cases life is not easy for you right now and it makes me happy my version of Kattegat gave you something to escape too.

All the essential workers who tirelessly work day and night to provide for us from the nurses and doctors to the grocery workers (that includes my husband and my little brother). 

The the Viking world, in the beginning, as a history minor I never found the Vikings particularly interesting. It's very rare I would not find an event in time, not interesting. That is until last Christmas (2019) late at night, flipping through the channels I came across an old episode. I believe it's the one where Ivar and Hvitserk were talking about Ivar being greater than his father. At first, I turned away because of how Ivar made me feel. You know, uneasy and uncomfortable. I then became interested in why he wanted to be great and why he was the way he is. 

Ok, I said too much now! Thank you all so, so much!