Season 3 Chapter Eleven

Season 3

Chapter Eleven

We made it back home and shared the royals with Kattegat. Ivar had no use for it. It was odd of him to do that. I honestly thought he was going to hord it all away. He gave a handful to Brae and the gold necklace he let him keep especially. This makes it hard for Brae to understand that his father is a vicious warlord. I prefer him as a man.

I leaned over to him and said, "Ingrid is here to speak with us." Ivar nodded sadly knowing he couldn't avoid her. I waved for her to come in. She looked different, her eyes were cold and her expression was serious.

"My dear girl, what news do you bring?" I asked.

"Distressing," Ingrid said.

"How distressing?"

"I've found a traitor that has turned against the two princes," She said. The people began to chatter among themselves. I looked over to Hvitserk and Brae as they stood proudly and bravely.

I turned back to Ingrid, "Who is this traitor you speak of?" I asked. Ingrid stood as she looked over to Ivar who looked at her with hardened eyes.

I turned to Ivar, and placed my hand on his shoulder, "Do not fear the King, his bark is worse than his bite!"

Ingrid giggled and she felt much better, "You are safe here."

"Thora and Floki," Ingrid said.

I could tell that hurt Hvitserk, a large lump formed in his throat as he walked away. Brae followed him. Now, we can stop sugar coating and get down and dirty with business.

"How are they traitors?" Ivar asked.

Ingrid cleared her throat, "Thora told him something that is none of her concern and I know it fuels the fire for Floki's...dislike towards Yrsa."

Ivar pursed his lips together as his veins popped from his head, he tried to tame his anger as he gripped his hands together. I sat there as I instructed Ingrid to step back. Ivar took the cup beside him and threw it to the ground while letting out a scream. Once he calmed down, he sighed, this pained him he always knew Floki disliked me but for the town to know is embarrassing for Floki and Ivar.

If Floki knows Brae is not really Ivar's son, it could expose the truth. It could lean to wrong conclusions, it could lead back to Bjorn, and it could lead to a war. Everyone knows Ivar is weakened and Brae is too young for the throne. It'll be easy to take. I know somehow it'll harm Hvitserk in many ways.

Ivar instructed to come forward with his finger, "You've been....a loyal servant, for that I grant you your freedom." Ingrid did not smile or cheer, she simply bowed. Brae suddenly came from behind and stormed out the front door in a fit of rage. We did not chase him. If he has Ivar's temper, it is best to let him be.

--

Ivar's P.O.V

I agreed to at least talk to Floki before condemning him on anything. I made that promise to Yrsa. I prayed to Odin that hopefully, all the accusations were false. I will also talk to him about Yrsa, she is my wife and he has to show some respect.

"Ivar, my son, welcome!" Floki said he hugged me as I laid my head on his shoulder. I sat down.

"I have a gift for you," I said, handing him a gold piece with red jewels in the middle.

"It's beautiful, is this from Ireland?" Floki said. I smiled, "Yes, and I figured it reminds me of Ragnar and you."

Floki looked at me, "You are not here for pleasure?"