Season 2 Episode Twelve

Season 2

Chapter twelve

I was in pain since having sex with Ivar, and I don't believe it was because of him, I feel as though it is the pain when I lost my virginity. I have to say it was pleasant, everyone was wrong about Ivar. I don't want to talk bad about my husband, I know it means a lot to know he pleased me. It hurts to bend, especially. For some reason today, I'm bending a lot.

I went to our local witch to see if she has something to heal before we try again. She lives where The Seer used to live. When Floki returns from his pilgrimage, it is said he'll be the next Seer. He loves Ivar, dearly and I know he'll give us some good news. I just have to hide the fact I'm part Christian. Unless he knows already, then I'm screwed. Floki would never bestow that blessing on me, even it means hurting Ivar, actually, I think he would despise Ivar for marrying me. Maybe it's best we have a witch for now.

"Ah! Your Majesty, I was expecting you!" She said, coming over to me. She has grey hair, but she is not scary or crazy like most witches are depicted. She is a middle-aged woman who is graceful in her time.

I smiled, coming in and offering her my payment. She smiled, placing the coins in the bowl. She had me sitting down in a chair and had me taking deep breaths. She pressed on my lower part as I leaned over in pain. She scoffed.

"Do you get right into it?" She asked.

"Well, a little, we do kiss?" I wasn't sure what she was asking me.

She smiled, as she applied a slab of mint leaves and hot water to my lower half. I felt better within minutes. I stood up and spun around feeling completely new and refreshed.

Before leaving, the witch took my hand into hers, "How much do you want a child with Ivar The Boneless?" The way she said his name made me think that I would create a monster than an actual human.

"I believe my want is like what any woman when she is trying for a baby." I left the building angry. I know I will have a child with Ivar and I will love it.

--

Ivar's P.O.V

"Be careful now, Ivar," Rollo said, as he handed me one of the shield-maidens' babies. They were kind enough to allow me to hold one. The baby had been crying and nothing was calming him down, I decided to hold the child, maybe he'll calm down.

"Shh, hello, shh," I spoke softly. Yrsa has told me I have a sweet, soft voice that can soothe anyone. I'm learning how to talk more hushly so when my baby comes, he won't be so afraid of me.

I held the baby like how Uncle Rollo told me too. Once he was in my arms, he suddenly stopped crying. He cooed softly and even smiled.

"Astounding!" Said the mother, "Normally babies can't smile so young!"

I chuckled, standing up as my Uncle held me from the back of my shirt for support.

"Does he have a name?" I asked.

"Not yet."

"I would like to bestow a name on the child," I said. I lifted him high above me, "Dag, one who is born in the day!"

The baby cooed with ethistam. "He likes the name, Ivar!" Uncle said. The room clapped, as I sat back down. I couldn't stop looking at him. He was beautiful. I couldn't help but to believe this was to be my child. My heart is already filled with so much love, and my beloved child is not even here yet.

I spent the entire day with the child, learning how to hold him, and when its time for naps and feedings. The woman was kind enough to teach me this, and I'm forever grateful. Although, the feedings will be Yrsa's job.

--

Hvitserk's P.O.V

Ivar wants to be a father with the woman I love. How it hurts me and I wish the pain would go away. If it wasn't for Yrsa, I believe I would go insane with rage for my brother, but Yrsa is who keeps us together. She is the one who keeps us a family, and our family is what matters to her the most. What will keep me going, even more, is that I will have a little nephew or niece that will be part of her.

I made a vow to the Gods I will love that child no matter what, I will always look after them. I will love them just as much Ivar and Yrsa will. Whoever the child will be, I hope they know it's coming into a world filled with so much love. I smiled walking around the market looking for something to give my niece or nephew.

I wanted to give them something special, something special for the baby, so they know how much I love them. My fingers grazed things for a newborn baby, from herbs to help them soothe their teething, and pre-knitted baby clothes. I don't know about Yrsa when she was a baby, but when Ivar was a baby he was in a lot of pain when he teethed. I do hope the baby will come out healthy.

"Do you like it?" A voice came, I looked up to see a blonde beauty with blue eyes and milky white skin. I was taken back slightly, and suddenly my heart pounded, and my breathing quickened.

"Uh?" is all I could muster. She giggled, leaving my legs weak.

"My mother and I knit these, they've been a good seller," she said, picking up a small outfit.

"They're..." I cleared my throat, "they're beautiful." She giggled, folding the article of clothing in her hands.

She then looked up at me, and said, "You're Prince Hvitserk?" I smiled at her and my cheeks became flushed red.

"Yes," I said, looking down. "I knew it was you!" "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, King Ivar and Queen Yrsa are planning to have a child and I want to give them a gift for my new baby niece or nephew!"

"Aw, how sweet of you!" She said, coming out from behind the table.

"I can show you where you can find something nice for the new prince or princess," she said, taking my hand into hers.

"What's your name?" I asked softly, she smiled brightly at me and said, "My name is Thora."

"Thora" I repeated to myself, I think I'm in love. I'm in love. Thora has blue eyes as icey as the ice on the pond during the winter, yet she is warm and kind.

I have not known kindness from any woman before, well except for Yrsa, but she was far from my mind for now.