Season 2 Episode Fifteen

I love this chapter! It's one of my favorite chapters, probably the only one that passed four pages! Please keep an open mind about it! Ivar and Yrsa are trying for a baby! I actually got this chapter done within ten minutes because I knew exactly how it was going to be played out.

Season 2

Chapter Fifteen

Ivar's P.O.V

"Tomorrow we will have two shipments of mead enough for the fall harvest celebration, and uh, the carrots are ready for the picking for the fall stews," I announced to the fishermen and farmers.

"We will send out greeters to the boatmen arriving to make sure they are welcomed!"

"Yes, sir!" Is all they said.

Hvitserk came into the hall, I dismissed everyone, leaving me and my brother to talk with. I know this will not be easy for me, but I know this will help my situation.

"Ah! Dear brother, so good to see you!" I said, getting up and hugging him. It took Hvitserk by surprise as he slowly grasped me.

"You only saw me yesterday!"

"I can't be happy to see you?" I said, pulling away. I had him sit down to a small meal. Hvitserk eyed me with curiosity, why was I being nice to him?

"What?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"What do you want, you cripple son of a bitch?" He said.

I sighed, Hvitserk is so smart just like our father, and just like me. He knows me too well. I mine as well get right to it.

"I need you to do me an honorable favor, Hvitserk," I said, he started drinking some mead.

"Hm?"

"I want you to sleep with my wife." Hvitserk coughed on his mead. He looked at me and said,

"What?"

"I want you to have sex with my wife so you can help her produce a child."

Hvitserk laughed, "Ivar, I don't want to be caught up in your marriage drama!"

I sighed, "How blue are my eyes today?"

Hvitserk scoffed as I repeated, "How blue are my eyes?"

"Very blue, very blue, Ivar, very blue!"

"They are blue today, but like ice tomorrow, I'm not a well man, Hvitserk and I need to make sure I have an heir for my throne."

"It will be my child, Ivar, not yours, not Ivar's blood," Hvitserk said.

"I have considered that, and I will accept it, but it will have Lothbrok blood running through its veins!" I said.

"You want me to help produce a child with your wife and just leave like that?"

"No, you will play a big part in its life. If you are to father a child with Yrsa, you shall be a part of its life. I won't be jealous," I said, taking the back of Hvitserk's head,

"I love you, brother, I love you so much and I will love the child just as much because it will be a part of us!"

Hvitserk sighed, "I don't know, Ivar." I know Hvitserk is stubborn, but I didn't know it would be this difficult. I guess I would have to go drastic.

I sighed leaning back into my chair, my brother did not look at me in the eye, "I know you love her, Hvitserk."

Hvitserk suddenly looked up at me as if I found out his big secret. "I know you love, Yrsa, my wife."