Season 3 Chapter Seventeen

Season 3

Chapter Seventeen

We did not bother to call back the army. We did not have time for that. They will know to go back to Kattegat. This was a personal matter. I did not wait to stop the horse and I got off the moving horse and went into the little hutch.

"Hvitserk!" I cried, looking around, "Brae!" I went a little further inside.

Ivar followed behind me, stumbling into the small room, "Brae, you answer your mother right now!" Ivar called.

"Brae!" I called. On Brae's bed, he laid his sword and his axe crossed together. This meant he was as good as dead. This would be a haunting sign for whoever would find it like this. Although, it had to be his mother. My heart suddenly broke as I fell to his bed. I began to whimper and mumble for my son.

Ivar came in and saw my disposition. I looked up at him and cried, "He can't be dead, he can't be!"

Ivar laid me on his shoulder as I cried hysterically, I felt as though this was the end of our family. Ivar tried hard to contain his tears until he let out a loud scream. This is the end of our family.

With heavy hearts, we went back to Kattegat. Ivar and I did not speak to one another. We sulk in our own grief. We feared if we cried in front of each other, it'll trigger the other person. We sat in our cold hall where life once flourished. I felt stir crazy at times and other times I can see my son as a child, riding on Ivar's back as he crawled on the floor.

Ingrid came bursting through the doors, disturbing the memory. She has grown confident as she stood tall in front of us.

"Yrsa..."

"We are not seeing anyone right now, Ingrid, go away," I mumbled.

"I think you're gonna want to see what I brought," She glared at me as they brought Floki in front of us in chains. They made him bend down to us as Ivar looked up.

I knew this had to bother him on some level, and I was too much in grief to fight with him.

"How dare you bring the Father of Ivar-" Ivar put his hand out in front of me and stopped me from speaking.

He calmly and quietly stepped down from his throne. I became afraid of what he might do. Floki just took everything away from him.

Ivar stood in front of him as he threw his coutch to the ground. His face began to cringe up and his face turned red. Ivar then punched Floki in the face. Floki fell to the floor.

"You took everything from me!" Ivar growled.

"Ivar..." My eyes watered, as I sniffled. Ivar has turned back into the vicious monster from when I first meet him.

"You took everything from me, you jealous bastard!" Ivar screamed. I cried to myself as Ivar unleashed his fury on Floki. I fell to the foot of my throne and clutched my heart. Ivar had tears flowing down his eyes once he ran out of energy. He took Floki by his shirt and as he began to heave from exhaustion,

"YOU TOOK MY SON!" He threw Floki to the floor.

Ivar made his way back to the throne, he placed his hand on my head, and in the moment I wanted to hurt him. He let Floki into our lives into our home. He allowed all this to happen after my protest. Although, Ivar is truly the only family I have left. My anger subsided and I continued to weep.

"Brae..." Floki mumbled, "Is still alive." Ivar picked up his head and turned to Floki.

"What do you mean?" Ivar's soft voice came. I looked up thinking I heard the same thing. My grief has caused me to go stir crazy.

"Brae and Hvitserk are still alive," Floki said, sighing. Ivar and I looked at each other and suddenly there was a change in our spirits.

"Not for long though, Bjorn is planning to sacrifice Brae to the Gods, during the ceremony tomorrow and Hvitserk as well...only..." Floki suddenly trailed off.

"Only?" Ivar's fearful voice came.

"They are planning to gut Hvitserk before sacrificing him," Floki said. "Bjorn is very angry at Hvitserk, all he ever thinks about is his revenge."

Ivar and I looked at each other, it is no wonder why Bjorn was not with his army today.

"Who told Bjorn where Hvitserk and Brae were hiding?" Ingrid said.

"I did," Floki said, holding his head down.

"Ingrid! My Horse!" I cried, as Ivar and I ran down the steps and took the stables.

Bjorn would have them at the sacred grounds up in the mountains, it'll take us all night to get up there. It didn't matter to us, we need to reach Brae and Hvitserk. As we drew closer to the sacred grounds, I began to call for Braemar. It is a mother's worry how I do this.

"Brae!"

Ivar called out to Brae as well, "We are coming, Brae, do not lose hope."

"Hvitserk!" I cried, tears flowing down my face.

Happy Birthday Alex! (Ivar the Boneless) I hope you get everything you wish for and more!