Season 4 Chapter Ten

Season 4

Chapter Ten

"MOTHER!" Brae cried, his voice sounds harsh and unwelcoming. He reminded me of Ivar when he was angry. Although, I've never done anything to upset Ivar so greatly that his voice sounded like that towards me.

"MOTHER!" Although I could be wrong, he probably just needed me as his mama. I rushed from the back and to the Great Hall, Hvitserk following behind me.

"MOTHER!"

Hvitserk and I stood in front of him, his face was red with rage and sweat came down his face.

"Please tell me it isn't true!" Brae said.

"What?" I asked.

"You and Hvitserk..." "Got eloped, behind my back?" "BEHIND MY BACK!"

Brae kicked the table causing it to break. I became truly afraid of his temper, but I was not going to grovel to my son. I kept Hvitserk behind me, protecting him like he was my child.

"Child, I would never go against your wishes, I do love Hvitserk, and I do treat him as my husband in a way."

Brae suddenly removed his sword and pointed it to us, Hvitserk then got in front of me and removed his axe.

"Don't think I won't do it..." Brae said to Hvitserk.

"Have you gone mad, boy?" Hvitserk said.

Brae gritted his teeth then dropped his sword, he then took his axe out. I gripped Hvitserk and tried to move him slowly to me.

"You wouldn't dare strike your father, Brae!" I said, Hvitserk pursed his lips behind his teeth. He then gripped his axe tightly.

"I gave life to you, I can certainly take it away," Hvitserk said. It breaks my heart to see them like this.

"Please tell me you didn't do this," Brae whispered. Hvitserk couldn't lie, but he also now feared Brae's temper and wrath.

"Father..." Brae murmured.

Hvitserk dropped his sword and sighed, "You're my son, and I would never disrespect your wishes."

"You're my King..."

Brae placed his axe down and said, "I love you to father, and until you have proven to me you are telling me the truth, mother will stay here in the Great Hall..."

"What of Hvitserk he has no home, Brae, don't do this..." I said, stepping forward.

"I'm sorry, mother, you leave me no choice..." Brae said. My beautiful son has truly turned into a monster that everyone said Ivar was, when Ivar was the kind King.

I sighed, removing my rights as Queen and throwing it to Brae. "I'd rather be a poor farm woman, then being the Queen- Mother of a heartless brute!"

Brae's facial expression changed, as I stormed off with Hvitserk to continue to live in the small hut that we've been sharing. My relationship with my son has become very estranged. Brae has chosen to be a King more than a son.

It broke my heart naturally, but it broke Hvitserk even more. Although we never told Brae we were married and it is now crucial that we keep our plans and life a secret from Brae now. Hvitserk was even considering running away with whatever we have and going to London.

We are close to going to London. It is now Fall and winter is upon us as soon as the first snow falls Brae sets sail and so will we. It is a good plan, but we fear it now is at risk.

"How could he have known?" Hvitserk whispered, sitting against the wall near the fire.

I brought Hvitserk over a blanket to cover him.