Season Four Chapter Thirteen

Season 4

Chapter Thirteen

Brae's P.O.V

After a long and tedious day, I fell asleep where mother and father once slept. Mother has given me her permission to sail and I've given her my full blessing to marry Hvitserk. She was even confident to tell me about her plan to sail to London and become Queen of London along with the Hvitserk King of London. No longer Prince of Kattegat, but a King.

I jolted in my sleep, feeling a burning sensation in my feet and arms. It caused me to sweat violently. I then saw fire again, I blinked and then appeared Ivar standing in front of the flames. I reached out and said,

"Father, stay where you are!"

Ivar suddenly threw an ax, missing my head, I jolted, turning in bed. I turned back to Ivar as he gritted his teeth at me,

"Father..."

"Don't you dare, father me, boy!" His voice roared as the same figures appeared before him. Sigurd in the back, left side, Bjorn, following in front of him, and Lagertha on the other side behind Ivar, Ragnar behind her, then lastly Aslung.

"I wrote my wrongs, I realized my mistakes, and yes I will live with those lessons if that is what you want me to realize.." I said, teary-eyed. I could tell it did not move him as the flames grew higher before me.

"Mother told me of your tricks, is this a trick?" I asked.

Father's eyes turned like a crescent and his tongue split into two, his soft, golden skin turned scaly and rough. He approached me and the fire disappeared.

I became cool and unafraid, I was then back at the Great Hall, my father's throne wasn't his though. I then realized I was a child again, no younger than six.

I crawled on the floor, playing with my toy figures, and small horses. An unfamiliar voice came from behind me, and with my own eyes, I bestowed upon Ragnar Lothbrok. I could tell where Papa got his blue eyes. On the throne sat Queen Aslung, and she smiled softly to me. Now, I know where Papa got his smile.

I couldn't help, but smile. Ragnar smiled at me as he picked up a small toy horse and danced it around me making me laugh.

"My dear son," Ivar's voice came. I looked up to see Ivar's mean demeanor changed. His eyes were dark, but they sparkled, and he sat crossed-legged. Something he couldn't do before.

"My dear, dear, son..." his soft voice said, he smiled softly to me, "You don't want that small horse, do you?"

I shook my head no, "You want a ride on the greatest stead of them all?" He softly said.

I nodded, "Who is it?"

"Why it is me," He picked me up and placed me on his face and he crawled on all fours around the table. I held onto his hair, softly, as he made horse noses. I could never really do this with Ivar because of his condition. I'm grateful for this moment. I fell off his back and onto the floor. I giggled as I looked at him,

"Papa..."

I woke from a sound sleep, tears going down my eyes, and my body red from a burn.

"Papa..." I said to myself.

I got out of bed and into the cold, Kattegat is asleep now, and I'm only awake. I went over to the jail cell and opened the door in which Hvitserk was in.

He sat in the corner of the room, his face was thin, his hair was stringy, and he was greatly pale. He cowered in front of me, "Is she alive or dead, please tell me?" He begged.

"Mother's alive..." I whimpered. I went over to him, falling on my knees and hugged him. He did not hesitate to hug me back.

"Come, I'm bringing you home, Father," I picked him up and carried him in my arms. Stepping in the snow made it hard to carry him, but I proved my love to him.

I brought him to my bed and covered him with the blankets that were still warm by me. I brought more blankets and covered his head that was frozen.

"Live, Hvitserk..." I whimpered. "Do not die on me..."

"It's not the first time a member of this family saved me from the ice and snow..." Hvitserk said, smiling.

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his body, "Forgive me, Hvitserk, son of Ragnar, brother of Ivar the Boneless..."

I put his hand to my head and weep, "Life has treated you so unkindly, and how you pushed through and found the good in all of it," I pressed my lips to his hand.

"The son you longed kept secret from yourself, turned his back on you," I cried.

"Your brother loved the woman you loved so in front of you..."

Hvitserk brushed his fingers across my face, "I...do...not...regret...nothing."

"I forgive you, my love..." Hvitserk said he smiled at me.

"Do you ever have dreams of Ivar?" I asked him.

"Sometimes...when we were kids, those were our happy memories.."

"Mother, tells me that I have the gift of foresight..." I whispered.

"Yes, you do...since you were a boy."

"She said, she saw me as a Great King..."

"If that's what she saw, that's what she saw..." Hvitserk said.

"I don't feel like a King..." I said, pressing his hand to my head.

"Why?"

"I still feel like a child wanting to be with his parents, and I thought I could erase that by being a brute..."

Hvitserk smiled, "I'm old, and I still crave my mother's warmth..."

"I miss Papa so much..."

Hvitserk brushed my hair aside, "Stupid boy, have I not taught you anything, Ivar will always be there for you when you sleep..."

He picked up my chin as tears dropped from my face, "And I'll always be there when you are awake..."

I sniffled, leaning over, hugging him, "I love you, papa..." I said in Norse.

I stayed up while he slept, comfortably, like the Prince he is. I knew Ivar was proud of me and I will love both my parents and do everything to make them proud of me. I fell asleep, kneeled over Hvitserk. While I slept, I began to dream and this time I dreamed of my entire family. We are all together during the harvest and we planted together and picked food, happily. 

Author's Note: I had a really bad day, my car officially died on me, and just all-around bad.