Season 3 Chapter Eighteen

Season 3

Chapter Eighteen

Brae's P.O.V

I'm usually brave during times of distress, but I have to admit, I was pretty scared when Bjorn kidnapped us. I don't know how they found us. Uncle told me to always keep your ears open and your mouth closed and I'll learn more than seeking it. I just remember making some food for myself and Uncle as we sat together. I knew Uncle was upset not being with my mother and father during the battle, and I tried my best to cheer him up. I knew I was upset too, but it didn't help both of us being upset.

I handed Uncle his food and he began to play around with it.

"Eat," I said, "It's mother's recipe."

Uncle smiled at me, "You remind me of her," Uncle said, "So much like her."

I placed my food down and said, "Were you really in love with her?"

He looked up at me, his eyes twinkle as a tear came down his face, "I was and I always will."

To hear that confession come out of Uncle's mouth surprised me and it tempted me to ask this next question as I leaned in and looked at him. Same mouth, same nose, same cheeks...as me.

"Hvitserk, are you my-" the door came crashing down as two large men came inside. Hvtiserk was unarmed as I drew my ax. I did not want him to fight.

"Run Hvitserk!" I shouted. I was suddenly hit on the head and that's when I woke up in a mud hut.

My head throbbed as I hung from chains. I looked around studying my surroundings and noticed Uncle was not with me. I tried to free myself, but then the door opened. A large man with blue eyes and a shaved head came in a dropped Hvitserk next to me. I was mortified by what they did to him. His face was scratched up and his blood came from his nose.

"Uncle..." I whimpered.

I looked up as the man looked at me. His eyes were not blue, they were black, "Your mother killed my wife today."

"Bjorn..." I whispered.

He almost looked sorry for what he did, he looked like he was battling two sides of him, as he looked at me then Hvitserk with the saddest expression. He scoffed, kicking Hvitserk as he let out a cry.

"Uncle, Uncle," I pleaded. I did not cry but remained calm.

"Uncle, look at me," I said. He softly opened his eyes to me. He batted them as they cried for help.

"Uncle, I'm right here..." I whispered. I reached my foot out as he grasped it.

Bjorn left us. I managed to pull Hvitserk to me as he climbed up my body; he held onto me for support.

"I got...something," Hvitserk weakly said. He pulled out a key from his sleeve, he reached up and unlocked the chairs as my arms fell, so did Hvitserk.

"I got you," I whispered. I laid him on my lap, all I wanted to do was cry, but a part of me had a deep rage and I wanted Bjorn's head. Right now, I cannot be angry. I cannot be upset, I need to be supportive and therefore Hvitserk. That is what mother would want from me.

Bjorn came back in as he looked on the ground next to me and saw the key, "There it is," He said, reaching over and picking it up. I gripped Hvitserk close to me. He stood up and looked at me, he chuckled, as he tossed the key in the air.

"You look just like your father-" "I can only imagine what your mother must look like."

I glared down at him, gritting my teeth, "Ah, that's Ivar."