Season Four Chapter Fourteen

Season 4 

Chapter Fourteen

Hvitserk's P.O.V

We had a proper wedding, surrounded by all of Kattegat, normally during the winter the sun is hardly out. The sun was out and bright and it shined off the snow. For a moment, I knew it was Ivar blessing us on this day. I dressed in my blue cloak, Brae helped me braid the back of my hair, and I cleaned my face. Yrsa, walked down the aisle as beautiful as she was years ago when she married Ivar. I could tell she was thinking about him today, as am I, and I know Brae is too.

The priestess blessed us both with scared blood, I couldn't help, but to stare into Yrsa's eyes as they sparkled against the winter air. They are still young and tender looking as they looked the day I met her. I did not hesitate to kiss her in front of everyone who applauded us. Brae, however, being young, repulsed against his parents kissing.

We had a small private celebration in the back of the Great Hall. It was just Yrsa, Brae and me. For once, we felt like a big, happy family. We were almost sorry to leave Kattegat. Brae declared this day the day of Happiness, because everyone in Kattegat was happy. We had no more enemies, and we finally broke the curse of Ragnar. We no longer fell into calamity.

We were all drunk, but we couldn't get too drunk because tonight we were sacrificing a goat before we all sail tomorrow. It happened to fall that way.

"When you reach London and settle and I settle, Frankia and England will join forces as one great alley, England will go for the call of Franka and Frankia will go for the call of London," Brae said.

Yrsa leaned backed in her chair, sipping on more mead, as she smiled at her son's comment.

I couldn't help but to smile, taking my drink in hand, "That won't be necessary, I will always go to the aid of my son, no need to call upon us as Kings," I said.

"Skol," Yrsa said, toasting her glass.

I smiled brightly as I lifted my glass to her, she is truly the woman of my dreams. I could not imagine my life with anyone else, but Yrsa. My curse of loving her has been my reason for breathing. I may not have claimed Brae as my son, but I did what I did because it made Yrsa happy. I would've given her the world and all the gold in it, if Brae did not exist. I would even find a way to raise Ivar from the grave if it meant her happiness.

"Are you alright, Hvitserk?" Brae said, placing his hand on mine. He chewed on some chicken leg, which happened to be Ivar's favorite dish.

I chuckled, "Look at your mother..." I said, he looked over to her as she smiled unconditionally.

"Huh, she's happy?" He said, popping a cherry tomato in his mouth.

I sighed, "She's truly happy and beautiful..." Brae laughed as he continued to chew.

"Do you think I can love the way you love Yrsa?"

I turned to him "If you're anything like me, when you find the right person, Thor will open the skies and shoot his thunderbolt at you, just like he did with me."

Brae smiled turning to Yrsa, her cheeks were red against her bronze skin.

--

Tonight we needed the gods more than ever to bless Hvitserk and I, Brae, and Kattegat. We need to wash away all the bad luck of the past and we need to look forward to the future. The cold air was no match for Kattegat to join together. We all needed the cold air after a long, hot summer.

Brae was blessed first, being blessed by the blood of the slaughtered goat. He wore Ivar's cloak and his crown upon his head, honoring him. He looked just like him as if Ivar was channeling himself through Brae. The priest then blessed Hvitserk and I, then they wrapped a wreath of flowers around our arms then blessed that.

Hvitserk never looked so handsome as he does now, he looked like a true Viking and already a King of London. Brae then drank some goat blood of the goat, then Hvitserk and me. The bitter taste went down my throat as I pierced my lips. We turn to Kattegat as they shouted,

"Long Live the Kings and Queen of Kattegat!"

It's a big night because it's Brae's first solo raiding, and Hvitserk is going to his destiny after so many years of waiting. He is going to be a King and he has his Queen.

As we sat at the dinner table with Brae and Ingrid, who tomorrow will begin her role as Queen of Kattegat.

"There is something I would like to give to you, mother..." Brae said.

"Oh?"

Brae presented me a small box, I opened it and found a small scarred ring that is really only given to the men by the Kings. I remember Brae getting his scarred ring.

"Brae?" I said, looking over to him. He took the arm ring out of the box and placed it around my wrist.

"I was scared it wouldn't fit," Brae giggled.

"Why though?"

"Why should they only bestow on the small boys, the girls who wish to follow the footsteps of Yrsa and Lagertha should get them too."

Brae leaned back into his chair and looked over to Ingrid, "It's Ingrid's idea, her first act tomorrow will be betsowing them on all the young girls tomorrow."

"Brae, that is such an amazing gift to your mother..." Hvitserk said, leaning over to him. I've always worn scarred rings, which belong to Ivar and Hvitserk, but they aren't mine to say.

"Mother once said, men fight great, but women fight greater..." "And if I didn't see it many times, I would've never believed it."

I was truly honored to be one of the first women in the village to get a scarred arm ring.

--

Like most ceremonies, they leave some people in a state of aura, a trans. Some people think it's the Gods controlling them, and some feel it's the blessed blood. I never questioned it or wondered myself. Although, tonight is different, once Brae became busy with his own wonderings, I went back out where the ceremony took place.

A warmth overcame me, and I knew what the warmth was. I could hear him speak in my ear.

Pour the blood all over you.

I stripped myself down and took the bowl bringing it to my lips and drinking about half of it. I then poured it all over my hair and covered my body with it. The drums in the background matched the rate of my heart.

I turned my head to see Hvitserk standing in between the swift blowing curtains. For a moment I snapped out of my trans as he came over to me. He looked at me with lust in his eyes. Then he cuffed my face in his hands and kissed me. He deepened his kiss and slid his tongue in and out of my mouth.

I pulled his pants down and removed his tunic as the blood on my body transferred to his. My fingers curled around his hair, our hearts beated, and the heat between us boiled. He laid me down on the dock as he licked the blood on me. His mouth was covered with it by the time he came up to me. He then pulled my arms over my head and gripped them tightly. He growled as he kissed my neck.

"My sweet..." he moaned.

"My Prince..."

He then got aggressive as he looked at me, his eyes still burned with lust, "No, my sweet, I'm your King, by this time tomorrow," He growled.

"When I'm King, I will give you the world, and everything in it," his voice grew tender.

I managed to free my arms as I cuffed his face into my hands, "How can you give the world when you already have?" He smiled, pressing his lips to mine.

"Keep smiling, Hvitserk," I said, as he looked at me, "I'm absolutely helpless when you smile."