Chapter 129: A Declaration of War

"Where am I?" Nyssa asked immediately diving to the root of the question. "Where is Mama and where is Renny?"

Sarah answered with a silent stare, a bit unsure how to react to Nyssa's frantic behavior. One misstep could send Nyssa's mind into a riot. One misstep could repeat the events from months prior, when Vermillion City burned.

Sarah rubbed the bottom of her nose and slowly smiled, trying her hardest to ease the tenseness of the air. "You're at my home. You've been sleeping for a couple days now." Sarah wore her calm voice like a suit of armor, slowly scooting towards Nyssa with a steel smile.

Seeing that Sarah was coming closer Nyssa immediately tensed up shifting her body backwards on the bed. Noticing this Sarah immediately stopped "She's probably still startled about this whole thing..." Sarah straightened herself in her seat and gave Nyssa a glimmering stare, a look so bright it replicated falling stars.

"Say Nyssa, how would you like to join me for a cup of tea?"

Nyssa gave Sarah a cautious look, still a bit on edge regarding everything. "Tea..?" before Nyssa could even resort to firing a slew of questions Sarah's way the silver hero responded with a quick clap of her hands. "Yes! I love tea don't you?" Sarah asked filling the room with warmth "Besides it's beautiful outside today, don't you think? How about having a tea party in the garden, just the two of us."

Nyssa's frown slowly vanished, being purged by Sarah's endless showers of genuine warmth. Even though she originally wanted to reject the offer, Nyssa couldn't help but comply after seeing Sarah's radiant smile. "W-well...sure."

"Oh yes!" Sarah said excitedly clapping her hands once more "I can already tell this is going to be so much fun!" Sarah quickly turned and called down the hall "Ellie! Prepare the kettle and send Desmond out to prepare the garden for two!"

Nyssa watched Sarah leave uneasily before sinking into the bed "What did I get myself into?"

***

After some time Nyssa came out to the garden with new attire. One of the maids cleaned and cut Nyssa's unruly hair causing the knots and curls to untangle giving it a more wavy appearance. Nyssa wore her hair down allowing it to reach her shoulders, giving her a similar look to how Erica looked at that age. Nyssa wore a fancy white silk dress, an outfit Sarah suggested one of the maids to give her.

Nyssa stepped out awkwardly and looked down at her outfit "...Why are there so many buttons?" she thought. Nyssa even pulled at her collar "This feels so tight imma suffocate." Nyssa similar to her Mother wasn't a fan of wearing girly clothing. Dresses and skirts were uncomfortable, and something like jeans just felt more natural to her.

Nyssa looked around for a moment as the sun beat its rays down upon her, bringing her to an uncomfortable sweat. "Geez, and it's blazing hot as well..."

"Hey Nyssa I'm right over here!" Sarah called. Nyssa's eyes quickly darted in the distance now noticing the garden in the Vermillion's vast backyard. With a hurry to her step Nyssa walked over to join Sarah and her maid Ellie. "Sorry for being late...one of~"

"Oh it's fine!" Sarah smiled waving her hand towards the comment "I figured since you've been asleep for so long, perhaps a bath and a change of clothes will make you feel a bit more at home."

"Oh...well thank you?" Nyssa stared at Sarah oddly, it was almost too much to believe someone could be so kind. Sarah would offer things constantly even without Nyssa making a murmur for anything.

"Sandwich?" Sarah asked "You must be hungry right?"

Nyssa looked down at the table, noticing the healthy sandwiches placed in the center of the table. "I'm..." before Nyssa could even say anything, her stomach quickly spoke for her. Growling like an angry lion. Sarah then giggled and widened her silver smile "Go ahead and sit, I'll have Ellie fix you anything you'd like."