Chapter 97: A Date With A Wild Beast

Stomping.

A force that could be heard from miles away, followed by a series grunts fueled by a sea of anger. Suzume ran quickly with only a single objective in mind. To rip Ren and Olivia apart.

After questioning Dustin for Olivia's address Suzume quickly left the school in a fit of rage. She had remained loyal to Ren for little over a month now. Allowed herself to be beaten continuously by her own Mother just to save his life. Invited him into her own home, and even revealed things about herself that she told no one else.

The thought of Ren having a will far weaker than her own pissed Suzume off. He had little reason to cheat on her, she had remained faithful all this time and had endlessly helped him in times of need.

"That short dimwit." Suzume grit her teeth, her face felt like it was one fire "How dare he do this to me. After everything I've done for him..." Suzume thought about the tournament and even the talk they had on the rooftop. "I laid my heart out to him and still he does something like this."

"With that toxic bitch." Suzume's phone shattered within her own hand like a piece of aluminium. "When I find them I'm going to wring their necks." Suzume's speed increased rushing past groups of people and having them flung from either side by the whirlwind that followed her back.

Although innocent Suzume didn't care within her blind rage. They were simply obstacles that were blocking her path.

"5542 Cottonwheel Drive." It was the address Suzume got from Dustin and an address that Suzume quickly memorized. She had an idea of where that home was, being in the neighboring neighborhood from Ren's home.

Even though it was across the city, it would take Suzume a few minutes to get there and unleash her fury. "Only a few minutes until..." Suzume's mind traced back to what Olivia said. About them sleeping together and cuddling, a mental image formed within Suzume's head.

A very vivid one that caused her face to grow red.

The possibility of her walking in on the act rose in her mind. This stemmed from Suzume's prior knowledge about Olivia, how she was known to spite people who've wronged her. 

Once Suzume heard a rumor that Olivia slashed the tires of a cheerleader who made fun of her hair in class. As well as other rumors that Olivia poisoned the coffee of a teacher who gave her a failing grade in algebra. Thus forcing him to be toilet bound for an entire week.

"She must be doing this to get back at me and Dustin." It was the only answer Suzume could come up with to justify she'd do something like this. "Just because she got expelled now she's trying to seduce Ren..." The longer Suzume thought about it the more her vision would blur. Her brain was burning, hardly a suitable vessel to contain so much anger.

The idea of them having sex Suzume found irritating. Perhaps more irritating than anything else, although Suzume had already taken the step of becoming a woman long ago. Suzume knew Ren hadn't taken the final step to be considered a man. Even though the act wouldn't necessarily be as special from a woman's point of view she still wanted to be his first. To have something over him that no one else would. To express her love to him in a way that was genuine and to mark a moment in his life that Ren would remember forever.

But now if what Olivia was saying was true she lost that opportunity. Something that caused Suzume's vision to blur even more. Suzume blinked repeatedly a subtle attempt to recollect herself, but whenever she did she'd think back to the words Olivia said. Once again rekindling her fire.

Suzume wasn't entirely sure what she was going to do once she found them. But she knew that Olivia wouldn't be able to stand afterwords and Ren would suffer a fate far worse than her. 

Small veins pulsated from Suzume's forehead feeding into her irritation. Any person unlucky enough to trade glances with her were left stunned as if they had turned to stone. While others who didn't see her simply saw a devastating whirlwind blow them away. 

It didn't take long for Suzume to entire Olivia's neighborhood, although a bit bigger than her own the houses were far smaller. Leaving Suzume to immediately think of Olivia as a downgraded version of herself. Restructuring the band aid that was Suzume's ego.

With the power of a jackhammer Suzume kicked Olivia's door sending it flying off the hinges. A simple door wasn't enough to stop her, and neither were the plethora of rooms that were scattered throughout the house. 

"Renji, Olivia there is no point in hiding I know you are both here." Suzume coiled "I can smell Renji from down here."

"Smell?" Olivia listened from upstairs with a nervous look. Initially covering her mouth to not alert her. "How the fuck is she able to smell him?" Olivia thought while staring down the stairwell. "This must be some of the Fumiko demon crap I hear people go on about..."

As a member of the Fumiko clan Suzume's natural senses were a lot higher than most people. Suzume could smell just as well as someone with a beast type ability, and hear someone as well as dog. 

Her body's composition was also a bit different than most people as well. Having a natural immunity to most poisons, an unrivaled flexibility, and a healing factor nearly as good as beast types. 

It was due to these things that many people looked at the Fumiko's as an inhuman clan, along with their other demonic practices.

Suzume waltzed throughout downstairs making her way toward the stairwell. Suzume was already aware of where Olivia was, even if it was muffled her breathing was still loud enough for her to hear.