Chapter 120: Forever

Marionette Saga Part 3

Crackling, it was the first thing Yushirou heard
when diving into his visions.

Rumbling, it was the first thing Yushirou felt after seeing what was to come of the world.

Screaming, it was the last thing that plagued Yushirou's mind after witnessing everything. The fine future that was in store for the rest of the world. The future that he desperately wanted to prevent, but all of his attempts proved to be futile.

When Yushirou's eyes shifted from gold to green they were filled with tears. Tears so heavy that left black stains on his cheeks from his dissolving eyeliner. "I'm sorry Irene..." It was the only thing he could think to do after seeing what he saw. To apologize for allowing her dream to be tainted in such a way.

"This future certainly couldn't have been the one Irene envisioned."

"Then what future did you see?" Yushirou struggled to raise his head, it was far too heavy from Michael's immense aura. Even when Michael wasn't being hostile the magnitude of his presence never seemed to dwindle.

The light in Yushirou's eyes dwindled as he looked to the floor. Staring at it as if searching for answers "I don't know." It was the first time since they first started collaborating that Michael had ever seen Yushirou so shaken up. Time and time again when destruction were to ensue Yushirou always had a method to prevent it. Coming up with strategies alongside himself, James and plenty other heroes to stop the destruction from even happening.

With that in mind Michael figured Yushirou had seen many futures, different outcomes for certain events where the amount of causalities varied depending on which path he chose to follow. "What do you mean you don't know?" Michael asked standing up from his desk and offering Yushirou another glass of fine wine. "Drink, it will get the jitters out."

Yushirou accepted the glass hesitantly looking down on it with eyes kissed with sorrow. He wasn't much of a drinker, he felt like alcohol dulled the senses leaving his mind to act carelessly and his words to come out in a similar manner.

But after raising his head and noticing the look on Michael's face, Yushirou immediately knew this wasn't a gesture of kindness from his long time friend. But an order from his commander. Yushirou quickly tasted the wine even making a grotesque frown at its flavor.

"Does red wine not suit your taste?" Michael asked taking a seat on his sofa across from Yushirou.

Realizing his actions Yushirou lowered his glass "I'm sorry, it was rude of me to act in such a way. I just am not much of a drinker you see." Michael then tilted his head "Really? Strange I always took you as man who indulged in the most elegant parts of life." Michael swiped a small glance at Yushirou's attire, as usual he was wearing clothing similar to that of the female fortune tellers of the middle east. Loose clothing with flamboyant colors and jewelry, which matched with his feminine face quite well.

Yushirou softly smirked at the comment "I am, but alcohol isn't something I'd consider elegant." for a moment Yushirou's mind traced back to his youth. Back during the times he'd spend with Erica and Ruriko stopping crime and celebrating afterwards. It was mainly due to Erica's habits that stopped Yushirou from drinking in the first place.

The long nights of hearing Erica's drunken slurs and exaggerated shouting. The long nights of Erica's excessive vomiting. The long nights of headaches after staying up just so Erica wouldn't fall for Ruriko's advancements.

Yushirou gently placed his hand on his forehead at the thought of the memory. A memory that brought forth mild irritation and plenty of grief. The days of their early hero days were over, and now Ruriko was missing and presumed dead, while Erica was in critical condition with no signs of waking up.