Chapter 67: Fumiko

"Tch-"

An outburst of energy resonated throughout the room as the two swordsmen clashed.

"This pressure..." Suzume felt an odd wave run through her clenching at her internally as both her's and Sayuri's blades remained locked. 

"Ugh-" Suzume let out another groan when she felt herself slowly getting pushed back.

"I can't even..." Suzume's thoughts trailed when she felt the weight of her blade being pushed back. 

CRACKLE

A load of black sparks rumbled in the air from the slight shift of Sayuri's aura. Suzume's hand tightened around the hilt when she felt herself slowly become overwhelmed by the amount of force presented by the aura.

"Ugh-"

"I can't even-" Once again Suzume's thoughts staggered. Suzume looked upwards only to meet the gaze of a force of nature. Although familiar with it Suzume had only seen her Mother's aura only a few times, but never to this extent.

Sayuri's aura carried a different presence to every aura Suzume had sensed so far. Unlike Ren's that felt like a kindling fire sharing all its warmth, Sayuri's felt the complete opposite.

It felt cold.

Cold enough to freeze anyone straight to the bone.

Cold enough to make Suzume's body go numb.

Suzume watched carefully as the sea of purple flowed in her direction. The amount was unquantifiable enough to make Sayuri's presence feel more akin to a force of nature rather than an actual person.

"Hah..." A small cloud formed from Suzume's mouth as she felt her body shudder.

Even though they were clashing blades Suzume was unable to see Sayuri. Only the purple aura that filled the room, and the bluish glow created from her eyes. In many ways Sayuri did resemble the monster Suzume thought of her as, a being unable to hold a form resembling a human.

"I can't even get pass her wall..."  Suzume's breathing became uneasy when a layer of anxiety rose.

"If I can't hit her then how am I supposed to-" Suzume played with her thoughts, when Ren once again popped in her head. 

Within that split moment the momentum created from their blades subtly shifted. Suzume's weakening resolve allowed Sayuri to quickly overcome her allowing her aura to flow like a blizzard. 

Suzume's eyes widened when she felt her blade get flung back. Sayuri's glowing eyes seemed to disappear in the aura as well.

"Where did she..." Before Suzume could even finish her thought she received an answer.

Blood spouted from her mouth splashing onto the floor in an instant. The blow was too fast for Suzume's brain to even register where the pain was coming from, and before she even knew it her own body was spinning in the air.

Similar to her mind Suzume's body was spiraling, performing at least 10 rolls before Suzume crashed into the walls and being flung across several rooms in the house.

CRASH

A loud sound echoed throughout the Fumiko home when Suzume's body finally collided with a granite table. A cloud of dust rose when Suzume attempted to get up, but only mustered enough energy to roll over.

"Ha-"

"ah...." 

Suzume's breathing didn't even sound human.