Chapter 34: Chaos

"Nyssa..."

Small hands pressed against against the stone floor leaving red streaks made of his own liquid.

"Nyssa..."

His voice called for her one more as his hand pressed against the ground pulling himself forward.

Each gesture of his hand was made from desperation trying to cover ground that was hardly getting him anywhere.

"Nyssa..."

Once again a faint sound escaped from his mouth like a subtle wind that blows behind the ear.

Each sound becoming more labored than the last as the air stored within the lungs were slowly running out.

The body finally slowed its already snail like movements as the individual broke out infrequent breaths.

"It's no use..." a stream of saliva and blood leaked from the side of the boy's mouth as it formulated a puddle beside his face.

The light within his eyes faded in and out continuously as his attention focused on the river of fire only steps away from him.

"Dump the body into the fire"

The boy's eyes raised slightly only to see a blur of red and orange. The fire had lost its shape entirely looking nothing more than a mass of angered colors.

"Dump the body into the fire"

Once again he heard the feminine voice, one of familiarity but also one he didn't entirely recognize.

"Who are you..."

"Dump the body into the fire"

The voice once again repeated itself growing louder in response to the flames that was slowly beginning to overtake the building.

"What body...what body do I need to dump into the fire..."

"With Fire comes pain..."

"With pain comes ashes"

"With ashes comes flames"

"And with flames comes rebirth"

"That is the path you walk, and with each rebirth comes a sacrifice."

Ren's scarlet eyes fluttered rapidly as he began to think he is hallucinating from the amount of blood he had lost.

Enough to where he couldn't feel his legs any longer.

Enough to where he could hear the voices within the flames.

And enough to drive any man mad.

His bloodied tongue pressed against his lips, the dryness of them, and the small cracks between each  crevice.

"Sacrifice..."

"What would I-"

"To protect what you love any sacrifice is necessary."

"Tachibana drive yourself into the flames and allow yourself to be reborn"

"Or you will die here without making a single impact within this world."

His hand reached outwards once more pressing against the cold stone and creating more streaks with every motion.

The pain within his back slowly faded as a darkness grew within his line of sight.

The breathing he felt slowed.

And the motions  came to an eventual sunder.

"Fuck...this is how it ends..."